Commercial Finance Manager
Job no: 519428
Brand: Scott Dunn
Work type: Full time
Location: San Diego, CA, New York
Categories: Leisure Travel & Retail, Finance & Strategy
The Commercial Finance Manager will partner with operational leaders and play a vital role in providing strong financial advice, and commercial decision-making support, partnering with stakeholders to achieve Scott Dunn USA’s strategic objectives.
The responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Commercial Acumen
- working closely with operational leaders of the business to drive commercial outcomes including pricing, costing, and supplier management
- Partnering with operational leaders to understand the impact of past performance as well as future trends to find new opportunities or enhance current business performance
- Financial Reporting & Review
- Providing monthly performance reporting and value add analysis that enables business stakeholders to make informed decisions.
- Adopting a culture of continuous improvement to proactively rationalise existing, and introduce new reporting that aligns to business needs, ways of working, and drives delivery of objectives
- Strategic Planning
- Working with key stakeholders to develop and review Profit and Loss forecasts that reflect the operational targets and are aligned to Scott Dunn’s strategy
- Working with Scott Dunn’s FP&A Manager to develop and maintain Brand balance sheet and cashflow forecasts
- Financial Compliance
- Working with the Group Financial Controller to ensure there is adequate financial controls ant that reporting is timely and accurate
- Supporting with external audit and tax return processes alongside key external partners
- Working with risk management teams to ensure the internal control and review in place supports organisational objectives
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Managing and developing internal and group wide relationships
You will have significant commercial acumen, accompanied with strong business partnering skills to provide financial and commercial advice that supports the achievement of Scott Dunn’s strategic objectives. Aligned with our values, you will be ‘in the detail’, and have a meticulous approach to ensuring the accuracy of financial and commercial information, with the ability to work independently, prioritise tasks, and meet deadlines. Other requirements that would help in your application include:
- 2+ years experience in a similar or related role
- Advanced experience using Financial Systems and producing key financial reports
- Advanced Time Management Skills
- Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
- Stakeholder Engagement skills coupled with the ability to communicate complex financial information in simplistic terms
Values & Behaviours
All employees must promote, understand, and apply Scott Dunn’s workplace values. These are embedded in all roles and applicants must evidence the values as part of the application process.
- In the know - Start by listening. We take the time to understand our guests’ and colleagues needs. Be Precise. We take pride in getting every detail right. Own it. We deliver on commitments we make.
- In the Detail - Love learning. We energetically seek out and share new ideas and insights. Embrace feedback. We continuously seek to improve by sharing and accepting honest feedback. Work with the best. We attract, retrain and partner with the best.
- Inspiring - Look to the future. We constantly seek opportunities to make travel memorable and sustainable. Be more we. We work together collaboratively and value different viewpoints. Win together. We celebrate each other’s successes and have fun.
We aim to find someone who would be office based at either of our US-based offices in Bryant Park, New York, or Solana Beach, San Diego.
We offer very competitive salaries and a great benefits package including the following:
- Additional PTO
- Medical insurance
- Dental / vision / life insurance
- Company loyalty scheme (Travel Fund)
- Travel insurance
- Recognition awards throughout the year
- Social events
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend