Technical Business Analyst
Job no: 514102SM
Brand: Flight Centre
Work type: Full time
Categories: Information & Technology
About your opportunity...
Flight Centre Travel Group are looking for an experienced Technical Business Analyst with strong analytical skills, process mapping, stakeholder engagement, and a background in digital / web to join our Digital Commerce Division. We are looking for someone who can establish yourself as a subject matter expert, as well as a trusted analyst. You will gain experience working in challenging environments with intelligent, like-minded professionals. We want someone with a passion for high quality solutions with a focus on value to the customer. You will have proven experience with agile software development, working using the appropriate agile methodologies and lean practices.
What you will do...
- Analyse business requirements, management systems, process performance, and technical solutions
- Conduct gaps analysis and provide recommendations to relevant stakeholders
- Defining detailed product requirement documents and definitions that promote scalability, smart practices, and an intuitive platform
- Documenting requirements by studying business functions, gathering information from users, and evaluating output
- Working with engineers, solution architects and test teams to develop, test and implement platform features and bug fixes
- Identifying key business/system processes, business rules, functional & non-functional requirements
- Assisting with the configuration and development of system enhancements and innovation
- Ability to connect the dots and surface gaps or potential issues
- Completing detailed technical analysis of APIs, API Documentation
- Analyse, evaluate and integrate business processes and procedures
- Acquire subject matter expertise in the functions and activities
- Working with engineers, solution architects, product owners to implement platform features and fixes
- Be able to understand the problem from all perspectives (i.e. business, technical and end-user), analyse the available options and constraints and then recommend possible solutions
Who you are...
- Excellent computer skills
- Personally motivated, results driven and proactive
- Well organised and able to multitask while maintaining focus
- Basic understanding of all aspects of the systems/software development lifecycle
- Well-developed verbal communication skills
- Strong facilitation skills
- Ability to conduct virtual meetings and workshops
- Good quality documentation skills, both technical and non-technical
- Attention to detail and effective organisation and time management skills
- Agile software development methodology experience
- Working with external vendors and suppliers
- Previous software development experience in digital and integration is preferred
- Experience in Confluence, Jira, Miro would be ideal but not mandatory
What’s in it for you...
- Generous remuneration structure and Employee Share Scheme
- Travel and Accommodation discounts, in-house financial and health services, access to internal 24/7 gym and End-of-Trip Facility
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Flexible working environment, with WFH options available
- Brightness Of Future: Employees have the right to see a clear pathway to achieving career ambitions, and promotion and transfers from within are our preference
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
- Proud Corporate Social Responsibility platform through the Flight Centre Foundation, Responsible Travel Charter, and Brighter Futures programs
- Opportunity to attend various functions, and Awards Nights (Global 2023 in Bali)
Who we are...
At Flight Centre Travel Group, our vision is to open up the world for those who want to see.
As a global travel retailer, our people come from all different backgrounds, and our connections spread to the far reaches of the globe. Together, we are a family.
We offer genuine opportunities for people to grow and evolve. We embrace new experiences, seize all opportunities, and empower all of our people to find their Brightness of Future.
We DREAM BIG through collaboration and innovation and are supported to make incredible ideas a reality. We deliver quality, innovative solutions that delight our customers.
We reward valuable contributions and efforts to our company, and work collaboratively to achieve our strategic priorities.
Irreverence. Ownership. Egalitarianism.
FCTG does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles from external agencies or suppliers via any method. If any candidates are submitted in an unsolicited manner, we will consider this as a direct candidate application to FCTG and no fee will be payable
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend