Umapped - Site Reliability Engineer - Toronto
Job no: 508711
Brand: Flight Centre Travel Group
Work type: Full time
Categories: Information & Technology
Site Reliability Engineer - Toronto
Are you looking for a challenge to be part of scaling a growing global technology platform and business?
Umapped a startup within Flight Centre Travel Group, is seeking a skilled and motivated Site Reliability Engineer to join our Product and Engineering minded team to help us build an innovative new functionality for the Umapped itinerary management platform.
You will be a core team member involved in creating next-generation cloud platform used across all Umapped apps and services. You will work closely with multiple stakeholders and will be involved from A to Z in Development, CI and CD to deliver mission-critical stack.
The successful candidate will have an interest in developing infrastructure as code, strong technical ability, excellent organizational skills, great communication skills, and motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced Agile environment.
Umapped is the leading collaborative B2B2C trip management technology platform in the global travel industry. Our products help travel companies and professionals engage with their customers throughout the entire travel lifecycle.
The company’s core products include:
• Consumer facing web and mobile applications
• Trip Publisher, an online itinerary and proposal builder for travel professionals
• TripLinQ, a content and itinerary data interface accessed via API service
- Responsible for the design, implementation, deployment, monitoring and reporting of a variety of cloud-based solutions, primarily in AWS
- Setup, Maintenance and Monitoring of the CI/CD pipelines for all Umapped projects
- Develop software libraries to allow to use of cloud-based technologies in Umapped projects
- Automation of various currently-manual processes through CI/CD
- Assists Developers in Full software development lifecycle activities – design, code, test, and debug applications in various software languages.
- POC of Tools, Techniques as desired, Evaluating and adopting new tools to improve infrastructure build and release processes.
- Ability to perform Root cause analysis and document – Incident and Problem management.
- Java 8 and higher
- Scripting languages like TypeScript, Groovy, Python, Bash
- SQL, NoSQL and graph databases and caching (PostgreSQL, DynamoDb, ElasticSearch, Redis, Neo4J, etc)
- Jenkins and GitHub Actions CI/CD
- Node.JS based task automation for frontend solutions
- Familiarity with JS-based web frameworks (e.g. React JS, Angular, etc)
- Docker containers and tools
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written
- In-depth, hands-on knowledge of key Amazon Web Services components and tools
- Interfacing with AWS: aws cli, CDK, CloudFormation, SAM
- Storage: S3, RDS, ElastiCache, Elasticsearch
- Queues and Streams: SQS, SNS, Kinesis
- Key AWS principles: IAM, AZ
- Cloud Application Design and Architecture
- Cloud Security best practices
- Cloud Networking
- Experience in distributed and clustered environment (high availability, failover, replication, syncing)
- Java Build Tools (Gradle, Maven, SBT)
- Build and Continuous deployment (Jenkins or equivalent)
- Testing Exposure (functional, automated, load, platform reliability)
- Scripting: Bash, Groovy, Kotlin Script
- University/College Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent
Nice to Have:
- Experience in Scala or other functional programming language an asset
- Play Framework 2.x
- Various other programming languages:
- Go (Golang)
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for, then APPLY NOW.
Our promise is to provide an environment with equality of respect, dignity and opportunity for all our employees. We value an inclusive and supportive workplace which truly reflects the diversification of our society. Flight Centre Travel Group is committed to providing a barrier-free pathway throughout our recruitment selection process. If you require accommodation because of a disability at any stage of our hiring process, please let us know in advance by contacting our Recruitment Team at email@example.com
Back to search results Apply now