Application Support Analyst - New Malden
Job no: 501835
Brand: IT Operations & Solutions
Work type: Full time
Location: New Malden
Categories: Business Support
Flight Centre Travel Group (FCTG) has risen to become one of the world’s largest travel agency groups. Known for being an award-winning company to work for, we pride ourselves on our people and our customers. Due to growth and progression, we are looking for a full-time Application Support Analyst based in Head Office, New Malden.
The Application Support Analyst will be responsible for ensuring the stable operation of the business Applications and Software. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimising various types of Applications and Software. The person will also analyse and resolve 2nd line end user hardware and software computer problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training where required on corporate systems.
- Manage and resolve incidents and requests in line with defined SLAs, keeping business stakeholders informed of progress
- Support and train technology teams to perform common support activities
- Work with business stakeholders to gain an in-depth knowledge of the application portfolio and the related business processes
- Produce and maintain full documentation for all applications in the portfolio
- Investigate the root cause of problems, and suggest system improvements to prevent reoccurrence
- Proactively suggest improvements to the application landscape
- Identify and evaluate new technology solutions and present to company decision makers.
Skills and experience we’re looking for
- Ability to quickly learn and master company-specific software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to diagnose and address application issues
- Complex problem solving
- Good organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of current MS Windows Server and desktop operating systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory
- Experience with at least one programming language
- Basic understanding of relational databases and structured query language
- Basic understanding of network configuration
- Experience working within an ITIL framework
The following are preferred but not essential:
- Degree or related business discipline or experience
- Experience in monitoring tools such as Nagios, Solarwinds, SCOM
- MCITP, MCDST, MCSE or equivalent certifications
- Patch management using management software
- Working knowledge of MS SQL
- Extensive application support experience
- Commercial awareness
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining all manner of applications and software
- Scripting experience and knowledge of PowerShell
Salary and Benefits
For this role, you'll be rewarded with a competitive salary of £35K, plus monthly incentives on top. Dependant on work requirements, there will be scope to work from home one-day-a-week. On top of this, you'll gain access to a wealth of fantastic benefits that Flight Centre Travel Group is renowned for.
Here is a taster of our benefits:
- Dedicated in-house travel team for incredibly discounted trips
- Fantastic social events including summer ball, awards ceremonies
- Dedicated in-house health and fitness team with free health screenings
- Free financial consultations
- Free health cash plan - claim money for dentist, optician etc.
- Generous share scheme
- Employer-matched pension scheme
- Season ticket loans
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Technology scheme
- Annual leave entitlement increase after 1 year
- Opportunity to take 3-month sabbatical
We've consistently been voted one of the Best Places to Work in the UK according to the Great Place to Work® Institute. If you want to join us in our success, apply now.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a DBS and Identity check, completed by Flight Centre Travel Group.
Back to search results Apply now