Corporate Travel Consultant
FCM takes a holistic approach to corporate travel, specializing in managing national and global travel programs for medium and large businesses.
Ranked as one of the world’s top five travel management companies, it has a business network in over 97 countries and global headquarters in London, Brisbane, Singapore and New York. Backed by the global strength of Flight Centre Travel Group (FCTG), FCM combines local expertise and global experience to provide clients with a truly bespoke experience.
To learn more about FCM please click HERE
About the Opportunity
This role will have you arranging domestic and complex international travel for busy executives including air, car hotel and ground transportation. Before you begin your role, you will spend three weeks (paid). This program will boost your knowledge, train you on contract airfares and sharpen your Sabre skills. Our corporate travel agents handle the air, car, rail and ground transportation bookings as well as the ticketing, changes and the exchange and queue management. You will also need to offer exceptional customer service to satisfy our business traveler’s needs. We encourage our Corporate Travel Agents to study the travel polices of our corporate accounts and develop a relationship with them so when our valued business travelers have the need for business travel arrangements, they rest assured that their business travel needs are in the hands of a dedicated team of Corporate Travel professionals they trust and are on a first name basis with.
Our business hours are 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM CST Monday – Friday
A typical schedule will include a 40-hour work week with five 8-hour shifts. You will be required to be onsite 3 days a week in an office. Be prepared to work an evening shift until 7:00 PM once or twice a week.
- Comprehend & comply with travel policies for multiple busy corporate accounts
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Ensure business traveler’s needs are met and/or exceeded
- Keep client aware of all necessary travel documents and health requirements for countries to be visited
- Build rapport and develop a relationship with business travelers to ensure their business travel needs are in the hands of a trusted team of Corporate Travel professionals
- Manage air, car, hotel, and ground transportation bookings
- Arrange both domestic and international itineraries
- Complete all reservations in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide consultative service to travelers throughout the booking process
- Handle ticketing, adjustments, exchanges & queue management
Experience & Qualifications
- 2+ years recent of experience in Corporate Travel required
- 2+ years recent of knowledge and experience using Sabre required
- Skilled with complex international fares strongly recommended
- Experience with complex ticketing & exchanges is preferred
- Professional & service-oriented mentality
- Impeccable business acumen
- High attention to detail
- Geography and international destination knowledge are necessary.
- Must have the ability to effectively multi-task while maintaining professional rapport with corporate clients.
- Candidates should possess decisive and successful problem-solving skills.
- Strong written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Skilled in usage of a personal computer and various software packages
- Online booking tool knowledge preferred
- Strong technical skills
- Ability to work independently
Work Perks! - What’s in it for you:
FCTG is renowned internationally for having amazing perks and an even better culture. We understand that our people are our most valuable asset. It is the passion and dedication of our teams that keep the company on top of the industry ladder. It’s also why we offer some great employee benefits and perks outside of the norm.
- Enjoy the freedom and flexibility of a hybrid work structure that combines both remote and in-person work.
- Have fun: At the heart of everything we do at Flight Centre is a desire to have fun.
- Reward & Recognition: Celebrate the success of yourself and others at our regular Buzz Nights and at the annual Global Gathering - You'll have to experience it to believe it!
- Use your smarts: Our people use their quick thinking, expertise, and tenacity to always figure things out.
- Love for travel: We were founded by people who wanted to travel and want others to do the same. That passion is something you can’t miss in our people or service.
- Personal connections: We are a big business founded on personal relationships.
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Diversity Day: paid leave to observe holiday or cultural celebration of your choice
- DEI education
- Commitment to fair practices such as regular equity assessments and inclusive recruitment protocols
- A career, not a job: We offer genuine opportunities for people to grow and evolve
- We back our people all the way: We are strongly committed to supporting every single employee in their professional and personal development.
- Giving Back: Proud Corporate Social Responsibility program supporting nominated charities through Workplace Giving, volunteering and fundraising
- Employee giving program
- Office Environmental Program
- 1 Volunteer Day per Calendar Year
- Paid Time Off *
- Up to 15 Vacation Days accrued per year - prorated upon hire and increased by tenure after 2 years of employment (up to 25 days)
- 5 Sick Days accrued per year
- 3 Personal Days
- 1 Diversity Day
- 1 Volunteer Day
- 8 Recognized Holidays
- Travel perks/discounts
- Health & Wellness Programs and Employee Financial Wellness Services
- National/International Award Nights and Conferences
- Health benefits including, medical, dental and vision
- Insurance including hospital indemnity, AD&D, critical illness, long-term and short-term disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k program with partial match
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Share Plan – Ability to purchase company stock on Australian Stock Exchange with partial company match, subject to terms and conditions
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
*Vacation, Personal, and Sick time accrual rates will vary based on full-time or part-time employee status. Recognized Holidays are either paid time off or, if required to work due to job requirements, holiday pay rate, and may vary depending on state.
Location – Houston, TX
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for then APPLY NOW.
This role can be performed onsite or on a hybrid schedule, in compliance with the Company’s Remote and Flexible Work Policy.
For this position, we anticipate offering an hourly pay rate of $28.85 plus commission/incentive earnings based on achievable targets. On target earnings average range between $60,000 - $70,000. The annual salary range listed represents the total compensation package, excluding benefits.
EXTERNAL POSTINGS ONLY - We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
INTERNAL ONLY - Before applying to any internal position you must have been with the company or your current role for a minimum of 6 - 12 months and notify your leader prior to applying.
Our number one philosophy? Our people. Flight Center Travel Group USA’s promise is to provide an environment with equality of respect, dignity and opportunity for all our employees. We value an inclusive and supportive workplace which truly reflects the diversity of our society.
We are an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer committed to providing a barrier-free pathway throughout our recruitment process. We welcome accommodation requests to help make our hiring and onboarding experience as accessible as possible. Please advise us about accommodation needs at any point by contacting our Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org