Revenue Management & Pricing Strategy Leader, Corporate Land - New York, NY
Flight Centre Travel Group (FCTG) is one of the world’s largest travel retailers and corporate travel managers. The company, which is headquartered in Brisbane, Australia has company-owned leisure and corporate travel business in 23 countries, spanning Australia, New Zealand, the Americas, Europe, the United Kingdom, South Africa, the United Arab Emirates and Asia. FCTG also operates a global corporate travel management network, which extends to more than 90 countries through company-owned businesses and independent licensees. The company opened its first leisure travel shop in Sydney, Australia in 1982 and listed on the Australian Securities Exchange in 1995. Our purpose is to “open up the world for those who want to see”. Every day, we give people all around the world the opportunity to experience something really amazing – travel!
To learn more about Flight Centre Travel Group please click HERE
About The Opportunity
Reporting to the Global Revenue Management & Pricing (RMP) and the Global Corporate Land leaders, we are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Revenue Management & Pricing Strategy Leader to join our corporate land supply management team. The ideal candidate will possess a deep understanding of revenue management principles, preferencing strategies, and market trends within the corporate travel industry with a focus on hotel and car rental categories. As the Revenue Management & Pricing Strategy Leader, you will play a pivotal role in maximizing revenue and profitability for our hotel and car sales for Flight Centre’s corporate brands (FCM, Corporate Traveler, Stage & Screen and FCBT), through effective management of our tools and capabilities, pricing strategies, demand forecasting, and market analysis.
- Supplier Preferencing Strategy and Development: Develop and implement comprehensive supply preferencing strategies that align with the global and regional corporate land supply teams’ business objectives and market positioning. Monitor and analyze market trends, competitive landscape, and customer behavior to make data-driven decisions. Collaborate with the corporate land supply team to create supplier and rate preferencing, pricing, promotions, and business development strategies that drive conversion while increasing profitability, but also to identify potential gaps in breadth or depth of content.
- Ownership and Optimization of Revenue Management Capabilities: Take ownership of revenue management and preferencing tools, systems, and capabilities, ensuring their effective utilization and ongoing maintenance. Collaborate with product teams and external vendors to enhance, upgrade, and troubleshoot revenue management tools. Stay current with industry technology advancements and leverage revenue management tools to enhance FCTG’s RMP, automate processes and maximise margin at different points of sale both online (Online Booking Tools) and offline (Agent Facing Tools).
- Hotel Re-Shopping Strategy and Product: Develop and oversee the hotel re-shopping strategy, ensuring alignment with corporate brand standards and objectives. Own the development and enhancement of re-shopping capabilities and products to optimize revenue and stay competitive.
- Reporting and Analysis: Generate regular reports on sales, revenue performance, margin, and other key performance indicators. Provide in-depth analysis of revenue trends, highlighting areas for improvement and actionable insights.
- Team Collaboration: Collaborate with supply, marketing, product and support teams to ensure alignment of strategies with overall business goals. Provide expertise, guidance and training to team members and internal customers. Represent FCTG RMP strategies and capabilities externally with suppliers and industry.
- Experience & Qualifications
- 8-10 years of hands-on experience in corporate travel, specializing in revenue management, strategy, supplier relationships, data-driven decision-making, and technical proficiency in order to effectively lead and drive growth in this role.
- Corporate Travel Industry Expertise: Proven track record in revenue management, preferencing strategy, supply management and/or re-shopping roles within the corporate travel industry, with a focus on hotel and car rental categories.
- Leadership and Strategy: Demonstrated experience in designing leading strategies aligning them with business objectives, and driving revenue growth.
- Supplier Relationships: Background in building and maintaining strategic relationships with suppliers in the corporate travel space.
- Tools and Technology: Proficiency in utilizing revenue management and preferencing tools, systems, and capabilities.
- Data-Driven Decision-Making: Track record of utilizing data analytics to drive decisions, enhance revenue strategies, and identify areas for improvement.
- Revenue Management: Strong grasp of revenue management principles
- Strategic Thinking: Ability to think strategically and align revenue management and pricing strategies with broader business goals.
- Analytical Skills: Proficiency in data analysis, extracting insights from large datasets, and translating findings into actionable strategies.
- Communication: Exceptional communication skills to collaborate effectively across cross-functional teams and to represent the company's strategies externally.
- Leadership: Strong leadership abilities to guide and mentor team members, fostering a collaborative and results-driven environment.
- Problem-Solving: Creative problem-solving skills to address challenges in revenue optimization, pricing, and supply management.
- Technical Proficiency: Familiarity with revenue management software, tools, and systems. Ability to adapt and learn new technology quickly.
Work Perks! - What’s in it for you:
FCTG is renowned internationally for having amazing perks and an even better culture. We understand that our people are our most valuable asset. It is the passion and dedication of our teams that keep the company on top of the industry ladder. It’s also why we offer some great employee benefits and perks outside of the norm.
- Enjoy the freedom and flexibility of a hybrid work structure that combines both remote and in-person work.
- Have fun: At the heart of everything we do at Flight Centre is a desire to have fun.
- Reward & Recognition: Celebrate the success of yourself and others at our regular Buzz Nights and at the annual Global Gathering - You'll have to experience it to believe it!
- Use your smarts: Our people use their quick thinking, expertise, and tenacity to always figure things out.
- Love for travel: We were founded by people who wanted to travel and want others to do the same. That passion is something you can’t miss in our people or service.
- Personal connections: We are a big business founded on personal relationships.
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Diversity Day: paid leave to observe holiday or cultural celebration of your choice
- Employee Resource Groups (Racial Equity, Gender Equity, LGBTQ2IA+, Accessibility, Environmental Justice)
- DEI education
- Commitment to fair practices such as regular equity assessments and inclusive recruitment protocols
- A career, not a job: We offer genuine opportunities for people to grow and evolve
- We back our people all the way: We are strongly committed to supporting every single employee in their professional and personal development.
- Giving Back: Proud Corporate Social Responsibility program supporting nominated charities through Workplace Giving, volunteering and fundraising
- Employee giving program
- Office Environmental Program
- Many of our offices are Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) Gold certified buildings
- 1 Volunteer Day per Calendar Year
- Paid Time Off *
- Up to 15 Vacation Days accrued per year - prorated upon hire and increased by tenure after 2 years of employment (up to 25 days)
- 5 Sick Days accrued per year
- 3 Personal Days
- 1 Diversity Day
- 1 Volunteer Day
- 8 Recognized Holidays
- Travel perks/discounts
- Health & Wellness Programs and Employee Financial Wellness Services
- National/International Award Nights and Conferences
- Health benefits including, medical, dental, vision, gender affirming care, and fertility care
- Insurance including hospital indemnity, AD&D, critical illness, long-term and short-term disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k program with partial match
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Share Plan – Ability to purchase company stock on Australian Stock Exchange with partial company match, subject to terms and conditions
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
*Vacation, Personal, and Sick time accrual rates will vary based on full-time or part-time employee status. Recognized Holidays are either paid time off or, if required to work due to job requirements, holiday pay rate, and may vary depending on state.
Location – Remote, USA
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for then APPLY NOW.
The role can be performed onsite, remote or on a hybrid schedule, in compliance with the Company’s Remote and Flexible Work Policy.
For this position, we anticipate offering an annual salary of $120,000. Base salary is dependent on relevant factors, including experience, geographic location, and job requirements.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
Our number one philosophy? Our people. Flight Center Travel Group USA’s promise is to provide an environment with equality of respect, dignity and opportunity for all our employees. We value an inclusive and supportive workplace which truly reflects the diversity of our society.
We are an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer committed to providing a barrier-free pathway throughout our recruitment process. We welcome accommodation requests to help make our hiring and onboarding experience as accessible as possible. Please advise us about accommodation needs at any point by contacting our Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org