Head of M&E Business Development
Job no: 519375
Work type: Full time
Categories: Corporate & Group Travel
Flight Centre Travel Group (ASX:FLT) has grown to be the world’s largest travel agency since its founding in 1982. Headquartered in Brisbane, Australia, the company has more than 30 brands in its portfolio, 3000 retail shops worldwide and employs around 20,000 people. After starting as a leisure travel agency, the company is now also one of the world’s largest corporate travel managers through a network of specialist brands that includes FCM Travel Solutions, Corporate Traveller, cievents, Campus Travel and Stage and Screen.
Operating in more than 90 countries and employing over 6000 people, FCM is transforming the business of travel through our empowered and accountable people who deliver a high level of service and a comprehensive technology suite bringing a wide range of solutions for Duty of Care, Reporting and Traveller’s peace of mind. Leveraging FCM's negotiating strength and supplier relationships in conjunction with our tailored business travel programs, our expertise and our innovative technology, we logically become the partner of choice of our customers.
About the Opportunity
As a Head of Meetings & Events Business Development, you will be key in leading a team of Business Development Managers to successfully acquire new meeting and events business in accordance to targets set. With the opportunity to have your voice heard on how strategies and processes can be improved to win new business by developing a strong regional presence amongst the local business. You will be the face of FCM and represent us in meeting key decision makers in businesses to create new sales opportunities and foster a successful and solid relationship with them.
To become part of the FCM family, you'll need to have a solid background in sales and the drive and determination it takes to become the best in your field. While relevant experience will be highly regarded, in FCM, we are also passionate about developing and coaching people to the next level. If you have experience working in travel industry and wish to move into a role with a higher earning potential, we would love to hear from you too!
Key duties and responsibilities
- Build trust and motivate your team to push and achieve sales targets.
- Define your team's roles and ensure clarity through linear communication.
- Perform success planning of key roles.
- Create a strategic link between the organisation's goals and your team's targets and responsibilities.
- Maintain MIS hygiene on sales pipeline through CRM for effective sales follow-up.
- Build account strategy & implement/develop the necessary sales actions to increase the key accounts revenue.
- Accurately forecast projected sales revenue.
- Management of a personal portfolio of prospect & suspect Corporate & MICE accounts.
- Identify, evaluate, and prioritise new business opportunities, using a variety of cold-calling, networking, and other prospection methods.
- Responsible for developing new business opportunities and expand customer base to achieve sales target in a competitive environment.
- Implement and execute all sales objectives and action plans to reach and exceed set targets.
- Maximize upselling opportunities by proposing additional events and activities suitable and complimenting to the current clients.
- Maintain a strong pipeline of prospects and follow the sales process with the required rigor.
- Use a ‘challenger sales’ methodology, delivering strong sales presentations and articulating FCM’s service and value proposition in a passionate and concise manner.
- Build relationships and manage suppliers and vendors to deliver value to customers and meet company revenue objectives.
- Build & sustain productive relationships with existing clients, key influences, and decision makers to drive client retention and expansion efforts.
- Personally lead Account Reviews with large customers.
- Effectively capture and communicate customer requirements internally, completing timely handovers of closed sales to the account management team, providing the key details needed to maximise the TTV with FCM.
You will have:
- 10-15 years relevant experience in MICE Sales and Client Management, with at least 5 years in a leadership role. Experience in TMC will be preferred.
- A proven track record in exceeding targets with the ability to identify, implement and execute sales strategies.
- Highly sophisticated communication skills with proficiency in written as well as verbal communications.
- Fluent in both written and verbal Mandarin and English language.
- Good product knowledge on Destinations and MICE group operations.
- Strong MICE Corporate experience and market relations.
- Sound commercial knowledge, with the ability to analyse financial data and build a value-driven business case.
- Experience in interacting at an executive level, coupled with strong relationship management, communication and influencing skills.
- Ability and experience of successfully delivering in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Familiarity with Sales pipeline
- A passion for travel and the travel industry, as well as reasonably travelled with strong destination knowledge.
- Self-motivated, independent with strong interpersonal and networking skills and a hunger for success.
- Experienced in presentations/product demonstrations in a confident/engaging manner.
Apply NOW if you want to be part of an amazing and vibrant culture that is the perfect fit for what you are looking for.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend