Sr. Manager, Event Management
Job no: 519374
Work type: Full time
Categories: Corporate & Group Travel
Flight Centre Travel Group (ASX:FLT) has grown to be the world’s largest travel agency since its founding in 1982. Headquartered in Brisbane, Australia, the company has more than 30 brands in its portfolio, 3000 retail shops worldwide and employs around 20,000 people. After starting as a leisure travel agency, the company is now also one of the world’s largest corporate travel managers through a network of specialist brands that includes FCM Travel Solutions, Corporate Traveller, cievents, Campus Travel and Stage and Screen.
Operating in more than 90 countries and employing over 6000 people, FCM is transforming the business of travel through our empowered and accountable people who deliver a high level of service and a comprehensive technology suite bringing a wide range of solutions for Duty of Care, Reporting and Traveller’s peace of mind. Leveraging FCM's negotiating strength and supplier relationships in conjunction with our tailored business travel programs, our expertise and our innovative technology, we logically become the partner of choice of our customers.
Key Responsibilities of a Sr. Manager, Event Management:
- Develop and implement strategy for event management in the region.
- Responsible for leading a team to manage full end-to-end event services for clients, including registration, planning, communication, production, creative services, and onsite execution.
- Build and sustain client relationships and collaborate with other internal departments (finance, operations, product, HR) where necessary to resolve other client-related matters.
- Build relationships and manage suppliers and vendors to deliver value to customers and meet company revenue objectives.
- Consult with Client during research of venues ensuring client requirements are met in meetings and events specifications.
- Prepare estimated budgets and communicate budgetary information to Client throughout the sourcing process.
- Utilize preferred vendors for quality of service; minimize risk and maximum pricing advantage.
- Negotiate all supplier contracts for the best possible prices and concessions in order to meet client’s expectations.
- Keep abreast of new destination options, well-priced seasonal destination options and “hot date” offerings.
Pre-Planning and Onsite Event:
- Work with Group Travel Consultant as required to book group and event air travel and to ensure accurate air manifests are provided to the Client.
- Determine and arrange detailed program needs (i.e. room set-up, function times, audio visual, menu selections, on-site/off site events and activities, DMC operations, special events, ground transfers etc.).
- Negotiate and contract selected hotels, DMCs and vendors on based on client’s final requirements.
- Track and manage hotel and vendor attrition, cancellation and deposit schedules.
- Update budgets as necessary during planning and prepare final budgets – Communicate budgetary information to client throughout the planning and execution of meeting.
- Responsible for program data management/registration process, data integrity and client reporting. Ensure data reconciliation is complete and accurate. Update Client and suppliers as needed.
- Enter and update meeting information in meeting database and calendar – keep database and savings information accurate throughout the planning and execution of the event.
- Provide on-site program assistance; oversee all arranged details of program (i.e. attend pre-con, advance all functions, verify room set-ups, review banquet checks/master bill, registration desk coverage, handle VIP needs, assist in handing out documents, etc.).
- Ensure internal and external reporting requirements are met.
- Review supplier bills for accuracy and ensure timely payment and final billing process.
- Perform post-event reconciliation on assigned events according to process set by Finance and Team Leader.
- Reconcile all final participation data for accurate final attendee report.
- Manage to FCM M&E Standard Operating Procedures and Service Level Agreement metrics.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Clients to ensure repeat and new business.
- Responsible for protecting confidential information of FCM SG - Meetings and Events.
- Work independently in the absence of supervision.
You will have:
- Minimum 5-8 years of experience in MICE industry. Experience preferably in TMC will be preferred.
- Strong negotiation and relationship building skills.
- Must have experience in handling corporate MICE Groups.
- Should have a strong network in travel industry (DMCs, vendors, hoteliers, transporters etc.)
- Coordinating and finalizing with vendors to ensure smooth execution of the project.
- Comfortable to travel with senior executives and premium groups.
- Highly sophisticated communication skills with proficiency in written as well as verbal communications.
- Good product knowledge on Destinations and MICE group operations.
- Strong MICE Corporate experience and market relations.
- Should have an ability and experience of successfully delivering in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Reasonably travelled and strong destination knowledge.
- A passion for travel and the travel industry.
- Self-motivated, independent with strong interpersonal skills and a hunger for success.
Apply NOW if you want to be part of an amazing and vibrant culture that is the perfect fit for what you are looking for.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend