Senior Accountant - Brisbane, QLD
Job no: 518711
Brand: Flight Centre Travel Group
Work type: Full time, Hybrid
Categories: Finance & Strategy
Cruiseabout is back! An amazing opportunity is now available for the right person to get stuck in and make a difference for our Cruiseabout brand. As a member of the Cruiseabout Finance team, your purpose will be to provide commercial and financial support to the Finance and Operational Managers, along with the retail businesses throughout Australia.
This position is suited to a finance professional with an excellent eye to detail, time management, and accurate numerical skills with a strong interest in business partnering. We are looking for someone interested in growing their skills and challenging the process in a unique brand within the FCTG family.
Day to day you’ll be…
- Maintaining a high level of financial control and compliance
- Ensure operations leaders have timely and accurate financial data available to enable decision making
- Assisting with special projects and the implementation of systems and process improvement initiatives from time to time
- Contributing to team goals and initiatives
- Assisting the team with continuous improvement of all processes
- Ensure compliance with all relevant accounting standards, company policies and FCL minimum standards for financial systems and processes
- Preparation of monthly financial statements and management accounts
- Analysis and interpretation of monthly results and follow up on significant variances
- Develop, maintain and enhance end of month and adhoc reporting
- Provide assistance to external auditors at reporting periods
- Processing customer and supplier payments and reconciliations
- Assistance with preparation of full budgets and forecasts on a regular basis
We’d love to hear from you if you have…
- Completed Business/Commerce degree
- Studying towards or having CA/CPA qual is desirable but not essential
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience within an accounting/finance role
- Strong customer focus and teamwork skills
- High attention to detail
- High degree of flexibility and ability to deal with change and pressured work environment
- Exceptional interpersonal & communication skills with ability to develop relationships at all levels
- Proven time management and organisational skills
What’s in it for you...
- Tick destinations off your bucket list with our discounts on travel and accommodation
- Employee Share Scheme through Equate Plus
- Access to in-house financial and health services, internal 24/7 gym and End-of-Trip Facility
- Receive ongoing training and professional development through the Flight Centre Landing
- Excellent hybrid working model
- Preference for internal progression through Brightness of Future: Employees have the right to see a clear pathway to achieving career ambitions
- Proud Corporate Social Responsibility platform through the Flight Centre Foundation, and Brighter Futures programs
- Opportunity to attend global awards events, including Global Gathering (Bali 2023; Lisbon 2024!!)
- Various social events to promote networking, the celebration of wins, and sometimes just for fun!
We do things a little differently…
We do things a little differently around here. We do things the Flight Centre Travel Group way. We have a unique culture and an irreverent DNA based on a proven mix of ideas, values, and ways of working that have helped shape our business over the past 40+ years.
Our Talent Acquisition Team kindly requests no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Flight Centre Travel Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend