Accountant - South Brisbane, QLD
Job no: 518368
Brand: Flight Centre
Work type: Fixed Term Contract
Categories: Finance & Strategy
- 12-month mat leave contract
- Salary up to $70k plus super (based on experience)
The Accountant is required to have significant knowledge across the Leisure businesses performing various specialised tasks. This role requires someone who has strong attention to detail, initiative to resolve issues and create efficiencies, strong time management skills and flexibility to an ever-changing environment.
- Reconciling customer accounts
- Processing internal transactions
- Banking/treasury review and reconciliation
- Assisting with audit workpaper compilation and queries
- Helping our Store Network Consultants with their in-store finances
- Tracking and making payments to both internal & external stakeholders
- Reconciliations, including bank accounts
- Constantly look to improve efficiencies within finance workflow processes
- Assist with the implementation of systems and process improvement initiatives
- Ensure compliance with company policies, relevant accounting standards and FCL minimum standards for financial systems and processes
- Microsoft Office Suite Word, Excel and Powerpoint -Intermediate level required
- High degree of flexibility and ability to deal with change, growth and pressure
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to develop relationships at all levels
- Completed Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, Commerce or similar or studying towards, or current Flight Centre Store Network Consultant
Benefits on offer....
- Access to ongoing training- Individualised Learning & Development pathway options
- Exclusive retail discounts - accessible via our employee-only portal with 350+ of Australia’s leading retailers
- Travel discounts including family and friends, health and wellness discounts, financial planning advise and more
- Flexibility- Monday to Friday week, business hours – Have your weekends to yourself, (60/40 WFH/Office)
- Brightness of future - career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses across the global - we promote from within
- Corporate Health Discounts - access exclusive discounts on health insurance plans for you and your family with our partner, BUPA.
- Monthly awards nights, social team building events, and opportunity to attend global conference (Las-Vegas 2022)
- Sustainability - The protection of our environment is essential to the future of tourism, as a leading travel group, we have made efforts to affect positive change to the environment, visit our CSR Page.
Across our brand, we take our business seriously but not ourselves. We take leaps of faith, have trust in our teams and work collaboratively and take ownership of our business to achieve our goals.
Our spirit of egalitarianism, irreverence and ownership defines the way we behave. These are the three shared values that we place above all others. They help us make informed decisions and solidify our company culture. That’s the FCTG Way
Applications are now OPEN; this exciting role will be based in our South Brisbane HQ.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend