FCM takes a holistic approach to corporate travel, specializing in managing national and global travel programs for medium and large businesses.
Ranked as one of the world’s top five travel management companies, it has a business network in over 97 countries and global headquarters in London, Brisbane, Singapore and New York. Backed by the global strength of Flight Centre Travel Group (FCTG), FCM combines local expertise and global experience to provide clients with a truly bespoke experience.
Established in June 2004, FCM has been named World’s Best Travel Management Company for eight years running at the World Travel Awards.
To learn more about FCM please click HERE
About The Opportunity
The Proposal Writer is responsible for writing and editing high-quality sales proposals which aid in winning and retaining corporate customers.
We need someone who can write compelling content, as well as project-managing the proposal process from the initial release of the bid to the final, high quality deliverable to the client, while ensuring that all deadlines are met. The successful candidate will be able to guide the process and work effectively with salespeople, subject matter experts (SMEs), and marketing. We are a small, close-knit team and need someone who is easy to work with, likeable, and professional.
The Proposal Writer is an essential part of the corporate sales team. You will receive commission on accounts you help win, and will participate in training and continuing education around sales and capture. The Proposal Writer is an internal (not client-facing) role. Travel will be for training and awards celebrations only; sales travel not required.
The Proposal Writer will also help develop new content and will support the update and maintenance of the bid/proposal database in RFPIO, our knowledge database, ensuring the accuracy of proposal content and availability of up-to-date information for proposals.
- Project-manage proposal responses, including following our process and collaborating with the sales lead to ensure responses are complete, on time, and in line with sales strategy
- Effectively understand RFP questions and populate RFPs with accurate and appropriate standard knowledgebase content; work with subject matter experts on any unanswered questions
- Customize standard knowledgebase content to follow sales strategy and meet the requirements of the specific RFP
- Review all proposal content to ensure that styling meets company standards and that the creative output is dynamic and within brand guidelines
- Participate in meetings with other departments and regions, when required, to develop proposal strategies and content; participate in training opportunities to develop individual and team performance
- Support the accuracy and functionality of the US proposal database in RFPIO by reviewing and updating content for accuracy, currency and tone
- Upload new content to the US proposal database in RFPIO (sourced from recent proposal submissions)
- Edit and proofread sales collateral and the work of other team members. Provide constructive criticism on any areas that may need adjustment, working together to ensure a submission of the highest standard is achieved.
Experience & Qualifications
- Business writing skills and mastery of the English written language, including spelling, composition, and grammar
- Strong proofreading and editing skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail and excellent proofreading skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, proposal design, formatting and database
- Project Management, Marketing or Sales experience
- Must be authorized to work in the US and must hold a US passport or other documentation allowing travel overseas
- Experience with a proposal management tool or content database
- 2+ years of proposal writing experience OR degree in related field
Work Perks! - What’s in it for you:
FCTG is renowned internationally for having amazing perks and an even better culture. We understand that our people are our most valuable asset. It is the passion and dedication of our teams that keep the company on top of the industry ladder. It’s also why we offer some great employee benefits and perks outside of the norm.
Enjoy the freedom and flexibility of a hybrid work structure that combines both remote and in-person work.
Have fun: At the heart of everything we do at Flight Centre is a desire to have fun.
Reward & Recognition: Celebrate the success of yourself and others at our regular Buzz Nights and at the annual Global Gathering - You'll have to experience it to believe it!
Use your smarts: Our people use their quick thinking, expertise, and tenacity to always figure things out.
Love for travel: We were founded by people who wanted to travel and want others to do the same. That passion is something you can’t miss in our people or service.
Personal connections: We are a big business founded on personal relationships.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Diversity Day: paid leave to observe holiday or cultural celebration of your choice Annual Charity Trip
- DEI education
- Commitment to fair practices such as regular equity assessments and inclusive recruitment protocols
A career, not a job: We offer genuine opportunities for people to grow and evolve
We back our people all the way: We are strongly committed to supporting every single employee in their professional and personal development.
Giving Back: Proud Corporate Social Responsibility program supporting nominated charities through Workplace Giving, volunteering and fundraising
- Employee giving program
- Office Environmental Program
- 1 Volunteer Day per Calendar Year
- Generous remuneration structure
- Travel perks/discounts.
- Health & Wellness Programs and Employee Financial Wellness Services
- Generous paid time off policy
- National/International Award Nights and Conferences
- Benefits including vision, medical, and dental
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k program with partial match
- Employee Share Plan
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
Location – Remote, USA
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for then APPLY NOW.
The role can be performed onsite, remote or on a hybrid schedule, in compliance with the Company’s Remote and Flexible Work Policy.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
Our number one philosophy? Our people. Flight Center Travel Group USA’s promise is to provide an environment with equality of respect, dignity and opportunity for all our employees. We value an inclusive and supportive workplace which truly reflects the diversity of our society.
We are an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer committed to providing a barrier-free pathway throughout our recruitment process. We welcome accommodation requests to help make our hiring and onboarding experience as accessible as possible. Please advise us about accommodation needs at any point by contacting our Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org