Finance Operations Manager
Job no: 517108
Brand: Scott Dunn
Work type: Full time
Categories: Leisure Travel & Retail, Finance & Strategy
Scott Dunn is an award-winning luxury tour operator creating tailor-made holidays to destinations all over the world. With offices in the UK, US, and Singapore, we pride ourselves on providing outstanding service to all our guests from the moment they begin their research online, right the way through to post-holiday evaluations.
We are looking for a Finance Operations Manager to provide leadership to our team of Finance Assistants and oversee Scott Dunn’s transactional finance function. This is inclusive of ensuring group wide supplier payments and UK guest receipts and refunds are manged and controlled in a timely and efficient manner, in addition to assisting with the relevant weekly, monthly, and year-end reporting.
Working cross-departmentally and being a critical link between the finance team and the wider business, this opportunity will also act as the finance lead in reviewing our current systems, processes, and controls, and then overseeing improvements across the team to optimise efficiency and performance.
- Overall responsibility of the group supplier invoice and refund process within finance
- Reviewing and approving multi-currency supplier payment runs
- Allocation of workload within the team and providing SLA reporting to the wider business
- Management of supplier queries/disputes
- Liaise with sales on outstanding guest debt balances and report upon progress to the CFO
- Reconciliation of supplier ledgers monthly
- Manage UK guest refund and supplier refund processes
- Lead input for Finance in reviewing and improving current systems and processes in collaboration with wider business
- Lead training for junior members of the team
- Day to day line management of 4 finance assistants
- Conduct quarterly appraisals and more regular informal feedback meetings
- Construct clear career development plans for each team member and support through coaching, training, and review
- Supporting the Group Financial Controller (GFC) delegating work to the Accounts Payable team to provide timely and well-presented support for sampling
You will be a process and results-driven professional with evidenced transactional finance management expertise, and an ability to drive performance and engagement within a team through your developed leadership capability. Acting as a key point of contact within the finance team for both internal and external stakeholders, you will have a natural ability build rapport, as well as speak in terms that meet the needs of the relevant audience. Other requirements that will assist in your application include (but are not limited to):
- AAT Level 4 qualified or above
- Previous experience in transactional finance management
- Operated in a multi-currency environment
- Strong understanding of finance payment and receipt processes and systems across an organisation
- Efficient time management and the ability to prioritise across a team
Values & Behaviours
All employees must promote, understand, and apply Scott Dunn’s workplace values. These are embedded in all roles and applicants must evidence the values as part of the application process.
- In the know - Start by listening. We take the time to understand our guests’ and colleagues needs. Be Precise. We take pride in getting every detail right. Own it. We deliver on commitments we make.
- In the Detail - Love learning. We energetically seek out and share new ideas and insights. Embrace feedback. We continuously seek to improve by sharing and accepting honest feedback. Work with the best. We attract, retrain and partner with the best.
- Inspiring - Look to the future. We constantly seek opportunities to make travel memorable and sustainable. Be more we. We work together collaboratively and value different viewpoints. Win together. We celebrate each other’s successes and have fun.
We aim to find someone who would be office based in our London, Hammersmith office for 4-days a week.
We offer very competitive salaries and a great benefits package including the following:
- 23 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rising by 1 day with each year of service (max 30)
- Contributory pension scheme
- 'Cycle to work' scheme
- Subsidised private healthcare
- Company loyalty scheme
- Travel insurance
- Recognition awards throughout the year
- Social events
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend