Malaysia Operation Executive
Job no: 517051
Work type: Full time
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Categories: Wholesale & Product
The Discova brand was launched in July 2019 and is the newest brand in the Flight Centre Travel Group family of brands. The merger of Buffalo Tours in Asia and Olympus Tours in the Americas created a global DMC business with more than 20 years experiences in delivering amazing travel experiences to our customers. With a purpose to connect people and places with a world of possibilities, we are the travel people who work globally, live locally and go the extra mile to help our partners extend their reach.
About the Opportunity
The Operations Executive plays a key role to ensure that Discova meets and exceeds its goals and operates successfully. The Operations Executive will work in partnership with Operations Team Leader to execute the operational standards and requirements that will drive customer satisfaction and productivity. This will involve the delivery of best-in-class service and memorable local experiences for the customer.
Your main responsibility is:
- Book and operate tours with accuracy within budget.
- Consistently follow Discova One-Best-Ways (OBWs) processes/procedures/systems across the accounts handled.
- Make sure to keep strong relationships with suppliers.
- Effectively cooperate with Tour Guides, Product, Sales, Reservation, Customer Experience, and Suppliers for seamless daily operations and overall service improvements.
- Solve on the ground situations with initiative within agreed process.
- Be customer-oriented and help improve satisfaction as well as Net Promoter Score.
- A Bachelor Degree or a degree in tourism and hospitality is an advantage.
- Experience in a DMC or tour operator is an advantage.
- Good command of both written and spoken English.
- An understanding and belief in Responsible Tourism is desirable.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to be flexible and implement change when needed.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal across a variety of cultures to a diverse range of people (customers, suppliers, team members, leaders).
- Highly motivated, self-starter prepared to do whatever it takes to succeed
- High attention to detail.
- Able to work under pressure and juggle multiple tasks and able to work outside office hours when required.
- Solution-focused and great at problem-solving.
- Able to work independently and within a team assisting team members to help everyone achieve results.
- Personally aligned with Discova’s company purpose and values.
Finally, if you are successful, you will find out that working with Discova is more than just a job. To be part of the Discova family is to be in your element. We offer an exciting career progression globally and a fantastic and supportive team culture and social events that are the envy of the industry.
Get in touch now and Discova a world of possibilities!
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend