Service Desk Technician Hanoi
Job no: 516936
Work type: Full time
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Categories: Information & Technology
Service Desk Technician
Are you meticulous, analytical and a great communicator? Then we can’t wait for you to join our global team as a Service Desk Technician!
About the Opportunity
As a Discova Service Desk Technician, your role is to ensure proper system operations apply so that end users, your fellow Discova colleagues, can accomplish business tasks and consistently deliver an amazing customer experience on their end. The role includes receiving, prioritising, documenting, and actively resolving end-user system help requests and escalating incidents when considered appropriate and necessary to maintain SLA expectations. Problem resolution may involve in-person assistance using your great communication skills, patience and seeking to understand the issue form the user’s perspective.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Provide first contact support for incoming requests to the Support Desk via telephone, web portal, email and chat to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end user issues
- Build rapport and elicit problems for all internal customers
- Perform hands-on fixes for physical IT support when remote tools are not appropriate, including hardware repairs, delivery of peripherals, or other fixes as determined
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science or related field or 3+ years of work experience
- 3+ years related work experience
- Certifications are an advantage (Microsoft, Cisco, ITIL, etc.)
- Proven experience with desktop and server operating systems and administration, including Windows, MacOS and Linux based distributions
- Proven experience with application support, including application troubleshooting, connectivity troubleshooting, etc (Microsoft Office, Microsoft 365, PowerShell, etc)
- Proven knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities
- Results and service orientated
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to be flexible and implement change when needed
- Excellent communicator to a diverse range of people (customers, suppliers, team members, leaders)
- High attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure and juggle multiple tasks and able to work outside office hours when required
- Solution focused and great at problem solving
- Able to work independently and within a team, assisting team members to help everyone achieve desired results
- Personally aligned with Discova’s company purpose and values
The Discova brand was launched in July 2019 and is the newest brand in the Flight Centre Travel Group family of brands. The merger of Buffalo Tours in Asia and Olympus Tours in the Americas created a global DMC business with more than 20 years experience in delivering amazing travel experiences to our customers. With a purpose to connect people and places with a world of possibilities, we are the travel people who work globally, live locally and go the extra mile to help our partners extend their reach
Finally, if you are successful, you will find out that working with Discova is more than just a job. To be part of the Discova family is to be in your element. We offer an exciting career progression globally and a fantastic and supportive team culture and social events that are the envy of the industry.
Get in touch now and Discova a world of possibilities!
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend