Privacy Officer - South Brisbane, QLD
Job no: 516774
Brand: Flight Centre Travel Group
Work type: Full time
Categories: Finance & Strategy, Information & Technology, People & Culture
Flight Centre Travel Group (FCTG) are are looking for a fun, vibrant, motivated team member to join our Privacy and Data Protection Team.
In this role you will will assist in implementing our privacy program and policies across the different FCTG businesses.
You will work in collaboration with different areas of the business to ensure compliance with applicable local legislation, implement Flight Centre’s privacy framework, provide advice to the business in privacy and data protection matters, respond to incidents, and help drive change as required.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced team, troubleshooting, identifying practice and process improvements, and changing culture, then this is the opportunity for you!
What you will be doing:
- Report to the Chief Privacy Officer - Australia and New Zealand and undertake all activities as instructed by them.
- Undertake all activities to develop, implement and maintain FCTG's privacy and data protection program, privacy policies, procedures and documentation, for the processing of personal data.
- Undertake all actions as required to implement and maintain FCTG's privacy and data protection framework and various privacy programmes of work.
- Participate in the development and continuous review of internal processes, practices and work instructions to maintain currency and alignment to legislation, regulation and industry best practices.
- Work with different business area and provide them privacy advice.
- Conduct audits and assessments to ensure that FCTG's privacy requirements are being met.
- Support bid-writing teams in RFP responses in relation to data protection matters.
- Working with, and presenting to, both existing and potential corporate clients to address their privacy concerns as required.
- Assist in the enterprise's response to privacy-related incidents and other potentially damaging events.
- Assist in enhancing the maturity of FCTG's privacy management practices and maintaining a privacy-aware culture.
- Participate in the development of privacy and data protection education, awareness campaigns, training and orientation for new employees.
What you will bring to the role:
- 3+ years of commercial experience in privacy, data protection, privacy law, security, risk management, auditing and/or compliance.
- Sound knowledge of local privacy regimes.
- Familiarity with ISO 27001, NIST or PCI DSS.
- Familiarity with governance, risk and compliance (GRC) methodologies.
- Ability to learn, comprehend and apply relevant legislation, guidance from regulators and industry best practice when performing all assigned privacy and data protection activities.
- Sound business judgement with the ability to think in a logical manner to give practical advice that balances business needs with privacy risks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work well with a diverse client base to articulate the importance of customer privacy and the protection of data.
- Ability to maintain proper documentation, relevant records and archives in an orderly, transparent fashion.
- Working as part of a wider team and independently, someone who sees what needs to be done and has the initiative to take ownership.
- Good judgement, a sense of urgency and commitment to high standard of ethics, regulatory compliance, customer service and business integrity.
What you'll enjoy...
- Tick destinations off your bucket list with our discounts on travel and accommodation.
- Employee Share Scheme through EquatePlus.
- Access to in-house financial and health services, internal 24/7 gym and End-of-Trip Facility.
- Receive ongoing training and professional development through the Flight Centre Landing.
- Excellent hybrid working model.
- Preference for internal progression through Brightness of Future: Employees have the right to see a clear pathway to achieving career ambitions.
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses at your fingertips
- Proud Corporate Social Responsibility platform through the Flight Centre Foundation, and Brighter Futures programs
- Opportunity to attend global awards events, including Global Gathering (Bali 2023)
- Various social events to promote networking, the celebration of wins, and sometimes just for fun!
We value you...
Flight Centre Travel Group is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workplace that supports your unique identity to create better, safer experiences for everyone. We encourage you to come as you are; to foster inclusivity and collaboration. We celebrate you.
Who we are...
Since our beginning, our vision has always been to open up the world for those who want to see.
As a global travel retailer, our people come from all different backgrounds, and our connections spread to the far reaches of the globe - 20+ countries and counting! Together, we are a family (we call ourselves Flighties).
We offer genuine opportunities for people to grow and evolve. We embrace new experiences, we celebrate the wins, seize all opportunities, and empower all of our people to find their Brightness of Future.
We encourage you to DREAM BIG through collaboration and innovation, and make sure you are supported to make incredible ideas a reality. Together, we deliver quality, innovative solutions that delight our customers and achieve our strategic priorities.
Irreverence. Ownership. Egalitarianism.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend