Commercial Analyst- South Brisbane, QLD
Job no: 515794
Brand: Flight Centre
Work type: Full time
Categories: Finance & Strategy
Reporting to the Senior Finance Business Partner, you will be a finance professional who will discover, deliver, and embed commercial initiatives across the business. The role is analytically based, with a focus on creating value add reporting and continuously identifying and executing value-add projects.
You will be joining a team of innovative high performers who rely on collaboration, adaptability, and continuous improvement to achieve market leading outcomes. Your main objective will be to deliver insightful reporting and analysis that will support the operational business to deliver improved profitability.
About the position on offer...
This role is analytically based, with a focus on continuously identifying and executing value-add projects. The main objective in this role will be to maximise revenue opportunities and investment returns with a focus of minimizing costs.
- Prepare financial models and business case scenarios Financial Reporting & Analysis
- Provide value add analysis that enables business stakeholders to make informed decisions
- Proactively communicate commercial impacts on past and future activities amongst stakeholders
- Reviewing and report on both financial and non-financial KPIs and monitoring cashflow within the business
- Assist in development of commercial models to understand the profitability of various business strategies
- Provide monthly performance reporting and value add analysis that enables business stakeholders to make informed decisions. a. Establish and maintain reporting and analyse on key risk areas to support financial accounting team
- Responsible for supporting commercial decision making to drive improved profit performance and returns on capital investments
- Enhance our culture of continuous improvement by proactively rationalising existing and introducing new reporting that aligns to business needs, ways of working and drives objectives
You are an energetic customer centric finance professional, a commercial thinker, and a strong senior analyst that is able to liaise with all levels of management. You’re someone who is genuinely passionate about interpreting high volumes of data to provide insights to the business.
You have the ability to think commercially, be proactive, manage deadlines as well as think outside of the box to solve complex problems.
- Strong presentation and storytelling skills
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced time management and prioritisation skills
- Able to communicate complex financial information simplistically
- Experience in PowerBI or other similar data visualisation technologies required
- Experience in a business with high transactional volumes would be advantageous but not necessary
- Comfortable using Power Query/Data Brick with Excel to manipulate, transform and present data
Skills and Capabilities:
- Bachelor of Business or other relevant graduate degree At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role (Analytical / Reporting role) Skilled in Power Bi, Power Query Editor or SQL
What can we offer...
- Salary: The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary package. $82.5-$85k (depending on experience)
- Culture: You will be employed by a company that takes pride in their employees and offers a team culture like no other in the industry
- Paid Parental Leave: 6 weeks of paid leave
- Training: Individualised Learning & Development pathway options
- Exclusive retail discounts: accessible via our employee-only portal with 350+ of Australia’s leading retailers
- Travel discounts: including family and friends, health and wellness discounts, financial planning advise and more
- Flexibility: Monday to Friday week, business hours – Have your weekends to yourself, (60/40 WFH/Office)
- Brightness of future: career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses across the global - we promote from within
- Corporate Health Discounts - access exclusive discounts on health insurance plans for you and your family with our partner, BUPA.
- Social: Monthly awards nights, social team building events, and opportunity to attend global conference (Bali 2023)
- Sustainability: The protection of our environment is essential to the future of tourism, as a leading travel group, we have made efforts to affect positive change to the environment, visit our CSR Page - https://www.fctgl.com/about-us/corporate-social-responsibility/
Across our brand, we take our business seriously but not ourselves. We take leaps of faith, have trust in our teams and work collaboratively and take ownership of our business to achieve our goals. Our spirit of egalitarianism, irreverence and ownership defines the way we behave. These are the three shared values that we place above all others. They help us make informed decisions and solidify our company culture. That’s the FCTG Way.
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend