Full Stack Web Engineer (Payments) - South Brisbane, QLD
Job no: 515531SJ
Brand: Flight Centre Travel Group
Work type: Full time
Categories: Information & Technology
About your opportunity...
Flight Centre Travel Group are looking for a Full-Stack Web Engineer to help build solutions that make it simple and fast for customers to shop, book and travel collaboratively with expert travel consultants anywhere and anytime throughout their travel journey. As part of the product team you will deliver quality and innovative solutions to delight our customers and achieve our strategic priorities.
Our vision is to open up the world for those who want to see and in our Websites Division, our mission is to deliver seamless and inspiring digital experiences for our customers. We DREAM BIG through collaboration and innovation, and are supported to make incredible ideas a reality.
What You’ll Do...
- Design, build efficient, testable and maintainable code with the right balance between solving the problem at hand and not over-engineering your solution
- Own the quality of what we build, through testing, test automation and observability to ensure operational reliability and performance
- Be a participant in the Flight Centre Community of Practice specialisations driving good development practices across the company
- Collaborate in our cross-functional Product Management and Engineering teams to plan and deliver high quality solutions in a fast-paced, agile environment
Who you are...
- You have proven experience in building user-friendly, responsive web applications for desktop and mobile
- You have experience with serverless solutions utilizing AWS cloud technology
- You’re passionate about software engineering best practices and know what it means to ship high-quality code that is maintainable and extendable
- You are a highly collaborative team-player who thrives in a team environment without being adversarial and can also work independently
- You have a growth mindset, embracing challenges to continuously improve and innovate
What’s in it for you...
- Generous remuneration structure & Employee Share Scheme
- Travel & Accommodation discounts, in-house financial & health services, access to internal 24/7 gym & End-of-Trip Facility
- Ongoing training & professional development
- Flexible working environment, with WFH options available
- Brightness Of Future: Employees have the right to see a clear pathway to achieving career ambitions, and promotion and transfers from within are our preference
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
- Proud Corporate Social Responsibility platform through the Flight Centre Foundation, Responsible Travel Charter, and Brighter Futures programs
- We’re have been recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Business Awards 2018, in addition to Best Agency Group at the AFTA 2018 National Travel Industry Awards
- Potential to attend Global Award Events (Global Gathering Bali 2023)
Who we are...
At Flight Centre Travel Group, our vision is to open up the world for those who want to see.
As a global travel retailer, our people come from all different backgrounds, and our connections spread to the far reaches of the globe. Together, we are a family.
We offer genuine opportunities for people to grow and evolve. We embrace new experiences, seize all opportunities, and empower all our people to find their Brightness of Future.
We DREAM BIG through collaboration and innovation and are supported to make incredible ideas a reality. We deliver quality, innovative digital solutions to delight our customers and achieve our strategic priorities.
Irreverence. Ownership. Egalitarianism.
FCTG does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles from external agencies or suppliers via any method. If any candidates are submitted in an unsolicited manner, we will consider this as a direct candidate application to FCTG and no fee will be payable
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend