Team Leader, Accounts Payable Reconciliations- South Bank Brisbane
Job no: 514210
Brand: Flight Centre Travel Group
Work type: Full time
Categories: Corporate & Group Travel, Finance & Strategy
*Join one of the world’s largest travel groups
*Be supported every step of the way, strive for greatness, the world is open to you
Situated in Flight Centre’s HQ, one of Brisbane’s most desirable corporate headquarters complete with rooftop dining and drinks, free 24/7 gym, direct access to South Bank train and busway stations and the South Bank precinct just across the road, we offer perks and company culture that are second to none.
About the role & group on offer...
The Corporate Travel group comprises a diverse range of Corporate Travel brands including FCM Travel Solutions, Corporate Traveller, Stage & Screen Travel, FCBT, and FCM Meetings & Events. We focus on growing and transforming our business to meet changing customer needs and we’re driven by a culture that puts our customers and team first.
Reporting to the Financial Controller of Corporate Australia you will be an experienced reconciliations professional and influencer, providing insight into the numbers, protecting our brands from risk and challenging the processes that exist to ensure timely chargeback of creditor charges as well as well thought out recommendations.
Combining an ability to lead a team, help manage our control environment and give simple and clear explanations will be key to your success. You will be joining a team of innovative high-performers who rely on collaboration, adaptability and continuous improvement to achieve market leading outcomes.
As a Team Leader, you will be given as much flexibility as you would like to achieve the below, whilst also having the support required to allow you and the team to be successful.
- Ensure timely reconciliation or AP reconciliations and payments
- Lead a team of 6 within the Accounts Payable Reconciliations team
- Constantly look to improve efficiencies within finance workflow processes
- Facilitate payment of creditors in line with regular payment cycles and due dates
- Assist with special projects and the implementation of systems and process improvement initiatives as they arise
- Ensure compliance with company policies, relevant accounting standards and FCL minimum standards for financial systems and processes
- Proven experience managing a team
- FCTG systems knowledge an advantage
- 3+ years’ experience in reconciliations
- Very strong customer focus with a high level of professionalism
- Skills in Microsoft Excel and Power BI experience would be advantageous
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to take initiative to resolve issues and find innovative solutions
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to develop relationships at all levels of the organisation
- CA/CPA qualified is advantageous but not required
- Completed Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, Commerce or similar
Let’s get to the good part....
- Paid Parental Leave
- Access to ongoing training- Individualised Learning & Development pathway options
- Exclusive retail discounts - accessible via our employee-only portal with 350+ of Australia’s leading retailers
- Travel discounts including family and friends, health and wellness discounts, financial planning advise and more
- Flexibility- Monday to Friday week, business hours – Have your weekends to yourself, (60/40 WFH/Office)
- Brightness of future - career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses across the global - we promote from within
- Corporate Health Discounts - access exclusive discounts on health insurance plans for you and your family with our partner, BUPA.
- Monthly awards nights, social team building events, and opportunity to attend global conference (Las-Vegas 2022)
- Sustainability - The protection of our environment is essential to the future of tourism, as a leading travel group, we have made efforts to affect positive change to the environment, visit our CSR Page.
Across our brand, we take our business seriously but not ourselves. We take leaps of faith, have trust in our teams and work collaboratively and take ownership of our business to achieve our goals. Our spirit of egalitarianism, irreverence and ownership defines the way we behave. These are the three shared values that we place above all others. They help us make informed decisions and solidify our company culture. That’s the FCTG Way
Applications are now OPEN; this exciting role will be based in our South Brisbane HQ.
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend