Financial Accountant- South Bank Brisbane
Job no: 514156
Work type: Fixed Term Contract
Categories: Finance & Strategy
*Join one of the world’s largest travel groups
*Be supported every step of the way, strive for greatness, the world is open to you
Purpose of the Financial Accountant: 12 Month Contract
Global Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) is a newly structured global area, creating a single organisational model which removes duplicate and/or redundant capabilities and focuses on the consistent delivery of core technology services globally. The reorganised workload enables automation and collaboration and improves the employee experience.
Working closely with the Global ETS Commercial Leader, Regional Finance Teams, and ETS Product leaders, you will be responsible for the preparation of the monthly financial journals and internal financial reporting and audit requirements. You will also be responsible for improving current Australia ETS financial processes and scaling up to centralise other countries finance activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assistance with half-year and year-end external audit requirements
- Prepare compliance requirements including Head Office Reporting Pack
- Improve efficiency and scalability within the finance workflow and processes
- Ensure strong financial control and integrity across the global ETS business
- Drive the centralization of ETS Financial processes from all other countries
- Prepare monthly reconciliations, journals, financial statements, and financial reports
- Ensure compliance with regulators, company policies and internal audit recommendations
- Provide feedback to accountants in other countries to ensure consistency and reliability of consolidated financial information
- Provide support to ETS operations to ensure user friendly payments processes (escalations)
- CA/CPA or studying towards
- 3+ years’ experience in accounting
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, Commerce or similar
- High degree of flexibility and ability to deal with change, growth and pressure
- Interpersonal and communication skills with ability to develop relationships at all levels
- Experience in setting and managing financial control processes in a complex corporation with multiple business units
Benefits on offer!
- Salary on offer: $110-125k PKG (12 Month Fixed Term Contract)
- Access to ongoing training- Individualised Learning & Development pathway options
- Exclusive retail discounts - accessible via our employee-only portal with 350+ of Australia’s leading retailers
- Travel discounts including family and friends, health and wellness discounts, financial planning advise and more
- Flexibility- Monday to Friday week, business hours – Have your weekends to yourself , (60/40 WFH/Office)
- Brightness of future - career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses across the global - we promote from within
- Corporate Health Discounts - access exclusive discounts on health insurance plans for you and your family with our partner, BUPA.
- Monthly awards nights, social team building events, and opportunity to attend global conference (Las-Vegas 2022 )
- Sustainability - The protection of our environment is essential to the future of tourism, as a leading travel group, we have made efforts to affect positive change to the environment, visit our CSR Page.
- Proud Corporate Social Responsibility platform
Across our brand, we take our business seriously but not ourselves. We take leaps of faith, have trust in our teams and work collaboratively and take ownership of our business to achieve our goals. Our spirit of egalitarianism, irreverence and ownership defines the way we behave. These are the three shared values that we place above all others. They help us make informed decisions and solidify our company culture. That’s the FCTG Way
Sound like a good fit for you? Apply now.
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend