Quality Engineer - South Brisbane, QLD
Job no: a514108FB
Brand: Flight Centre
Work type: Full time
Categories: Information & Technology
About you opportunity...
Flight Centre Travel Group are looking for a Quality Engineer to join our Digital Commerce team. In this role you will define and improve processes, identify and mitigate risks, coach and mentor developers, and implement tooling and automation solutions for the team. You will lead efforts in assessing and mitigating risks, solving quality challenges, and implementing changes to improve efficiency. You will also coach developers on quality assurance and improve processes across the team.
We understand that shipping software requires more than just testing. It involves improvements to processes and testing approaches. It involves collaborating with and training developers and improving constantly. We are looking for someone who is passionate about quality, believes quality is everyone’s responsibility, and that quality should be baked in rather than something that is tacked on at the end of a project. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of our dynamic fast-paced product management & engineering team with a customer-centric focus on what we do.
What You’ll Do...
- Foster a culture of quality being a whole team responsibility
- Develop & maintain automation tests across Systems, Integration, API, E2E
- Coordinate with product and engineering teams to ensure quality is considered early and throughout the development lifecycle
- Pair with and coach developers on testing practices and test automation
- Deliver quality reporting and dashboards to improve visibility and transparency
- Identify and remediating quality and process limitations
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of test quality by undertaking reviews and recommending improvements
Who you are...
- 5+ years' experience in application, system integration, API and E2E testing
- Experience in using JS based test automation tools Selenium/Cypress/Cucumber/Jest
- Experience with API testing frameworks such as Postman, Selenium
- Experience adding/maintaining automation tests & quality gates into CICD pipelines, such as GitHub Actions
- Experience in coaching and mentoring team members on quality engineering practices & processes
- 3+ years’ experience in planning, coordinating and reporting on test efforts for projects
What you'll enjoy...
- Tick destinations off your bucket list with our discounts on travel and accommodation
- Employee Share Scheme through EquatePlus
- Access to in-house financial and health services, internal 24/7 gym and End-of-Trip Facility
- Receive ongoing training and professional development through the Flight Centre Landing
- Excellent hybrid working model
- Preference for internal progression through Brightness of Future: Employees have the right to see a clear pathway to achieving career ambitions
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses at your fingertips
- Proud Corporate Social Responsibility platform through the Flight Centre Foundation, and Brighter Futures programs
- Opportunity to attend global awards events, including Global Gathering (Las Vegas 2022 and Bali 2023)
- Various social events to promote networking, the celebration of wins, and sometimes just for fun!
We value you...
Flight Centre Travel Group is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workplace that supports your unique identity to create better, safer experiences for everyone. We encourage you to come as you are; to foster inclusivity and collaboration. We celebrate you.
Who we are...
Since our beginning, our vision has always been to open up the world for those who want to see.
As a global travel retailer, our people come from all different backgrounds, and our connections spread to the far reaches of the globe - 20+ countries and counting! Together, we are a family (we call ourselves Flighties).
We offer genuine opportunities for people to grow and evolve. We embrace new experiences, we celebrate the wins, seize all opportunities, and empower all of our people to find their Brightness of Future.
We encourage you to DREAM BIG through collaboration and innovation, and make sure you are supported to make incredible ideas a reality. Together, we deliver quality, innovative solutions that delight our customers and achieve our strategic priorities.
Irreverence. Ownership. Egalitarianism.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend