Software Architect - South Brisbane, QLD
Job no: a513776AM
Brand: Flight Centre
Work type: Full time
Categories: Information & Technology
About your opportunity...
Flight Centre Travel Group are looking for a passionate, motivated, and experienced Software Architect to join our Digital Commerce team. This is a hands-on role working across our product, design & engineering teams to solve complex business problems, contributing to our product & engineering strategies.
The ideal candidate will have strong technical leadership and development experience, continuously learning and developing themselves and others in their craft. This is a backend focused role, where you will design and build highly scalable & robust solutions – cloud-native architecture, technology, micro-services, APIs, and event-driven applications.
What you’ll do...
- Architecting, building and operating cloud-native solutions that demand high scalability, availability, performance, and security
- Improving our engineering team’s overall software delivery performance
- Championing & driving engineering culture of technical & operational excellence, growing and enable teams to achieve their missions and continuously learn and develop yourself and others to reach full potential
- Create software using secure coding practices and mitigates common vulnerabilities
- Collaborate in our cross-functional product, design, and engineering teams to plan and deliver high quality solutions in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Documenting technical design in sufficient detail to present clearly to technical teams & stakeholders
- Take initiative and always look for ways in improving the quality of our solutions, code bases, technical debt, standards, processes, and best practices
Who you are...
- You are passionate about software engineering craft and growing yourself & others
- You are an enthusiastic, proactive leader, keen to drive goals, objectives & strategies
- Articulates complex problems, value & vision to business terms
- Loves to drive change, excite teams & brings them on the journey
- Can multi-task with ability to drive outcomes across many initiatives & projects
- Objective over subjective with growth mindset
- Ability to solve highly complex technical and business problems and present conceptual information to all levels of internal and external management
- 3+ years as a technical lead or software/technical architect
- Proven experience working across multiple product, design & engineering teams
- Proven experience in designing & building reliable, high quality and performant solutions
- Proven track record in improving company software engineering practices, quality, standards, best practices, software design and architecture patterns
- Strong experience in software design & architecture patterns/ styles, such as services-oriented architecture, micro-service-based architectures, event-driven architectures
- Experience in cloud-native architecture and hands-on experience with AWS cloud platform, including EKS, Elasticsearch, Redis, Lambda, API Gateway, Kinesis, DynamoDB, S3, and CloudFront
- Experience with DevOps tooling & practices valuing a DevOps culture
- You are proficient in some of the following: TypeScript, React, Styled Components, JSS, Jest & Cypress
What you'll enjoy...
- Tick destinations off your bucket list with our discounts on travel and accommodation
- Employee Share Scheme through EquatePlus
- Access to in-house financial and health services, internal 24/7 gym and End-of-Trip Facility
- Receive ongoing training and professional development through the Flight Centre Landing
- Excellent hybrid working model
- Preference for internal progression through Brightness of Future: Employees have the right to see a clear pathway to achieving career ambitions
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses at your fingertips
- Proud Corporate Social Responsibility platform through the Flight Centre Foundation, and Brighter Futures programs
- Opportunity to attend global awards events, including Global Gathering (Las Vegas 2022 and Bali 2023)
- Various social events to promote networking, the celebration of wins, and sometimes just for fun!
We value you...
Flight Centre Travel Group is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workplace that supports your unique identity to create better, safer experiences for everyone. We encourage you to come as you are; to foster inclusivity and collaboration. We celebrate you.
Who we are...
Since our beginning, our vision has always been to open up the world for those who want to see.
As a global travel retailer, our people come from all different backgrounds, and our connections spread to the far reaches of the globe - 20+ countries and counting! Together, we are a family (we call ourselves Flighties).
We offer genuine opportunities for people to grow and evolve. We embrace new experiences, we celebrate the wins, seize all opportunities, and empower all of our people to find their Brightness of Future.
We encourage you to DREAM BIG through collaboration and innovation, and make sure you are supported to make incredible ideas a reality. Together, we deliver quality, innovative solutions that delight our customers and achieve our strategic priorities.
Irreverence. Ownership. Egalitarianism.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend