Who we are:
FCM Meetings and Events was born out of the evolution of the Flight Centre Travel Group (FCTG) family of brands. As one of the world’s largest travel agencies, Flight Centre’s footprint spans across 95+ countries and encompasses over 30 brands of corporate and leisure services. We’ve been in the event game since 1986, connecting people across the globe and bringing their visions to life.
We pride ourselves in being to offer a level of flexibility and customization that is not common amongst our competitors. Our people are out of the box thinkers and problem solvers, helping create memories that will leave a lasting impact.
Our services include: Event Management (Live, Virtual & Hybrid Events), Event Travel, Event Technology, Venue Sourcing & Strategic Meetings Management
“Remote” Office Management
- Supports company operations by maintaining office systems and supervising staff timecards. Sends daily/weekly reminders to team members about timecard completion. (Toggl)
- Answering telephone calls and emails from clients and directing them to relevant staff.
- Leads company’s “Culture Committee” managing social gatherings (including virtual happy hours, team birthdays, work anniversaries and promotions) and business improvements initiatives.
- Manages office calendar including event work calendar, PTO and schedules vendor appointments.
- Maintains team efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, subscriptions, equipment procurement.
- Monitoring “onsite event toolkits” by restocking kits inventory, distributing to event planners when required and overseeing scheduling of kits.
- Support with reviewing and/or sending contracts through Docusign
Financial Administrative Support
- Assists with meeting financial objectives by overseeing all financial administrative tasks while looking for room to increase efficiencies and training new hires on financial processes.
- Bank Rec (responsible making sure the business allocates all charges monthly)
- Client Payment Portal (allocations of payments to event budget)
- Wire Transfers (submission and allocation to event budget)
- Concur Expenses (code event related expenses to the right budget)
- Review team’s credit card expense reports and receipts were submitted accurately and honestly on a monthly basis
- Support team by tracking and collecting supplier commission
- 1-2 years’ Administrative experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to produce reports, assign tasks, accept instructions and handle vendor contracts, among other tasks
- Organization and the ability to multitask to complete a wide variety of tasks
- Flexibility to help them adjust to new tasks should company or office needs change
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact positively with all employees
- Leadership ability to manage challenges and oversee employees
- Attention to detail to ensure tasks are completed thoroughly and correctly
Work Perks! - What’s in it for you:
FCTG is renowned internationally for having amazing perks and an even better culture. We understand that our people are our most valuable asset. It is the passion and dedication of our teams that keep the company on top of the industry ladder. It’s also why we offer some great employee benefits and perks outside of the norm.
- Travel perks/discounts.
- Health & Wellness Programs and Employee Financial Wellness Services
- Generous paid-time-off policy
- Diversity & Inclusion initiatives
- Benefits include vision, medical, and dental
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K program with partial match
- Employee Share Plan
- Ongoing training and professional development
Our number one philosophy? Our people. Flight Center Travel Group USA’s promise is to provide an environment with equality of respect, dignity and opportunity for all our employees. We value an inclusive and supportive workplace which truly reflects the diversity of our society.
We are an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer committed to providing a barrier-free pathway throughout our recruitment process. We welcome accommodation requests to help make our hiring and onboarding experience as accessible as possible. Please advise us about accommodation needs at any point by contacting our Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Location – Remote, USA
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, priority will be given to those located in Greater New York and Philadelphia, PA.
The role can be performed onsite, remote or on a hybrid schedule, in compliance with the Company’s Remote and Flexible Work Policy.
This position may be performed remotely anywhere within the United States except the State of Colorado
Any offer of employment in the USA that would require you to attend an office location or company event is contingent upon providing proof of Covid-19 vaccination prior to your start date, subject to approved medical and/or religious exemptions, in