FCM Assistant Team Leader - Sydney
Job no: 512998
Work type: Full time
Location: New South Wales
Categories: Corporate & Group Travel
A Future Team Leader (FTL) is an operational and technical expert. Their role is to manage and grow their own portfolio whilst supporting the Team Leader (TL) in the development and performance of their team. They have a customer centric mindset that drives retention, growth and profitability.
The FTL has strong commercial and business sense and they are skilled in the planning and deployment of the delivery of the customer and FCM business plans. They play an integral part in driving the company’s culture and brand DNA.
Forming part of the corporate arm of Flight Centre Travel Group (FCTG), FCM Travel Solutions is the business travel partner of choice for large national, multinational, and global corporations. We are an award-winning global corporate travel management company, ranking as one of the top five by size around the world.
About the Opportunity (Growth team)
A Future Team Leader is the customer, operational and technical expert. They lead with a customer-centric mindset and display sound commercial and business sense to drive customer and people-related outcomes and business goals.
The Future Team Leader lives and breathes the FCM “DNA” and maintains a culture of support, safety, and success. They are instrumental in the development and performance of their people and the growth, profitability, and retention of their customers.
Their leadership capabilities build and nurture relationships both internally and externally for the betterment of the FCM brand.
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting the TL to provide leadership, vision, and direction to the team
- Proactively assuming leadership in the absence of the TL
- Conducting monthly one on ones with direct reports, when necessary
- Assisting with the technical, personal and leadership development of FCM TM staff
- Assisting with the recruitment of new staff and developing team members towards reaching Brightness of Future (BOF) opportunities
- Inspiring, motivating, and creating a positive culture
- Assessing, troubleshooting, and providing solutions to a varying range of customer scenarios.
- Developing multi-level relationships with both internal and external customers
- Identifying opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Taking a systemized approach to optimize multi-level relationships as part of customer retention strategy
- Follow through on the FCTG one best way leadership practices through the vehicles of inspiration
- Ensuring team members are aligned and motivated in working towards business goals
- Preferred 5 years in the travel industry, including GDS experience
- Previous leadership experience in customer facing roles
- Commercial mindset - understanding key business drivers and implications
- Drive and ambition to achieve personal, team and area goals
- Encourages and supports the development of team members
- A high degree of emotional intelligence
- Excellent organisational and team collaboration skills
- Expert on how to position the features and benefits of the FCM product suite
- Understanding and knowledge of the FCM reporting suite
- Demonstrates a life- long growth mindset, open to learning/feedback and developing the skills required to succeed
Remuneration and benefits:
- OTE $90K + super
- Free health and wellness consultations
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Financial planning consultations
- Discounted travel benefits available
- Ongoing training and development
- Global career advancement and travel opportunities
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend