Medical Repatriation Consultant (Temporary - 5 months, with option to make permanent)
Job no: 512601
Work type: Temporary
Categories: Corporate & Group Travel
Do you have a huge interest in the travel sector and experience of helping people in times of trouble?
We are seeking individuals who possess exceptional customer service and communication skills to work in a demanding and busy environment on a shift pattern. Medical repatriation experience is preferred. We are looking for someone with experience using Amadeus GDS or equivalent experience using similar GDS, as well as being highly motivated and a strong team player. As part of this dynamic team, office or home-based you will be expected to use your initiative to arrange emergency medical travel arrangements for injured persons overseas. This is a fast-paced role that requires attention to detail, fares and ticketing knowledge and strong time management skills. The offices available to work in are in London, Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester, Edinburgh and Glasgow and homeworking is also available. This is a fantastic opportunity within a leading Global TMC.
About the company
FCM Travel Solutions is a global business travel management provider spanning more than 75 countries worldwide. We have been recognised globally as the World's Leading Travel Management Company at the World Travel Awards for five years in a row.
You are an experienced Corporate Travel Consultant, with GDS experience. Although Amadeus is preferable, cross GDS training can be given. You’ll need to have fares and ticketing knowledge, medical repatriation experience (preferred) with a strong customer focus and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
Additionally, we are looking for:
- Professional telephone manner
- Highly self and team motivated
- Ability to thrive with multiple challenges
- A team player
- Previous experience of working in a busy environment
- Ability to use intuition
- Strong written and spoken English
Extensive training will be offered to the right candidate.
This is a flexible role where your working environment can be office or home-based (on a case by case basis).
You’ll work (4 on 4 off – 12hr shifts) Monday to Friday.
Additionally, as part of the global Flight Centre Group, we also offer our team an array of award-winning benefits, including:
- Uncapped earning potential. Your earning is uncapped so your earning potential is huge
- Global opportunities. We are a global company with offices in 25 countries across the globe - that means great scope for our staff
- Business ownership scheme. Reap the rewards of your hard work
- Unbelievably discounted travel. We pass on fantastic rates to all our staff
- Industry renowned social events. Summer balls, awards nights and more
- Exceptional career progression. We focus on progressing all our staff and offer an array of career opportunities
- Excellent induction, sales, product and leadership training. We empower you with the skills you need.
- Free and confidential financial guidance. Our own in-house financial team
- Free health consultations. Our own in-house fitness team run competitions and give discounted gym memberships
- Active Hour. We encourage everyone to get active by giving an hour a week to exercise
- Wellness package. We offer discounted physiotherapy, massage, reflexology, mindfulness awareness, cycle-to-work scheme
- Bronze-level health cash plan. Claim cash back for dentist, opticians, chiropractors and more
- Excellent pension and share scheme. Opportunity to buy shares at discounted rates
- Season Ticket Loan. We pay upfront and you pay back via salary sacrifice
- Three-month sabbatical. We reward long-term employees by offering sabbaticals
FCM Travel aims to employ people who are not only experienced but also remarkably savvy when it comes to business, we find that's the best way to keep our clients travel plans running smoothly.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a DBS and Identity check, completed by Flight Centre Travel Group.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend