Leisure Air Support Specialist - Remote, Canada
Job no: 512406
Brand: Flight Centre Travel Group
Work type: Full time
Location: Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Quebec, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, Ontario
Categories: Wholesale & Product, Leisure Travel & Retail, Corporate & Group Travel
Leisure Air Support Specialist
Who we are:
It all started with one double-decker bus in 1973 – and over four decades Flight Centre Travel Group (FCTG) has grown to be one of the world’s largest travel retailers and corporate travel managers. Headquartered in Brisbane, Australia, FCTG has company-owned leisure and corporate travel businesses in 23 countries.
We are fellow travelers passionate about helping others see the world.
In a nutshell: we’re a family. We have many members from all different backgrounds, and our connections spread to the far reaches of the globe. We work hard, have fun and open up the world for those who want to see it.
About the opportunity:
As a Leisure Air Support Specialist, you will use your superior knowledge of airfare construction and fare rules to exceptional customer service with Air Solutions for all Flight Centre Travel Group Corporate and Leisure brands across the Americas.
- Attentive to consultant and client’s needs at all times
- Provide accurate, valid and complete information by using the right methods/tools
- Maximize savings/earnings on consultant files
- Focus consistently on improving customer experience across all Brands
- Handle complaints positively and escalate to leadership when necessary
- Answer phone calls, reply to emails/Workplace posts, and queue queries in a timely manner with a pleasant attitude.
- Send important Air and Ticketing information via consultant facing Workplace pages in a timely manner
- Handle any utilization of service funds not available to consultants
- Cover any shifts including holidays & changes in hours as required by the business
- Effective communication of changes implemented by Product Nation to all affected brands and businesses.
- Send important Air and Ticketing information via Ticket Centre facing Workplace/SharePoint pages in a timely manner
- Effective communication across all Ticket Centre teams regionally and globally
- Ensure maximum level of accuracy is maintained
- Tracking front end savings
- Proactive development within team and Ticket Centre
- Tracking of consultant queries/questions to improve Frontend training
- Cross training across Ticket Centre teams to ensure all skills are up to speed.
- Embrace all philosophies, values and change
- Travel may be required at times to facilitate training & development and staff meetings/conferences.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum 1 year Ticketing/GDS support
- Understanding of airline commission contracts
- Positive Attitude
- FCTG knowledge is an asset
- Bilingual French / English is an asset
Work Perks! - What’s in it for you:
FCTG is renowned internationally for having amazing perks and an even better culture. We understand that our people are our most valuable asset. It is the passion and dedication of our teams that keep the company on top of the industry ladder. It’s also why we offer some great employee benefits and perks outside of the norm.
- Enjoy the freedom and flexibility This position may be performed remotely or in-office (or ideally, a bit of both!).
- Have fun: At the heart of everything we do at Flight Centre is a desire to have fun.
- Reward & Recognition: Celebrate the success of yourself and others at our regular Buzz Nights and at the annual Global Gathering - You'll have to experience it to believe it!
- Use your smarts: Our people use their quick thinking, expertise, and tenacity to always figure things out.
- Love for travel: We were founded by people who wanted to travel and want others to do the same. That passion is something you can’t miss in our people or service.
- Personal connections: We are a big business founded on personal relationships.
- A career, not a job: We offer genuine opportunities for people to grow and evolve.
- We back our people all the way: We are strongly committed to supporting every single employee in their professional and personal development.
- Giving Back: Proud Corporate Social Responsibility platform through the Flight Centre Foundation and Brighter Futures programs supporting nominated charities through Workplace Giving, Volunteering and Fundraising.
- Generous remuneration structure
- Travel perks/discounts.
- Health & Wellness Programs and Employee Financial Wellness Services
- Generous paid-time-off policy
- Diversity & Inclusion initiatives
- Benefits include vision, medical, and dental
- Employee Assistance Program
- RRSP with matching
- Employee Share Plan
- Ongoing training and professional development
Location: Flexible! This position may be performed remotely or in-office (or ideally, a bit of both!).
The role can be performed onsite, remote or on a hybrid schedule, in compliance with the Company’s Remote and Flexible Work Policy.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
Our promise is to provide an environment with equality of respect, dignity and opportunity for all our employees. We value an inclusive and supportive workplace which truly reflects the diversification of our society. Flight Centre Travel Group is committed to providing a barrier-free pathway throughout our recruitment selection process. If you require accommodation because of a disability at any stage of our hiring process, please let us know in advance by contacting our Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend