Business Intelligence Analyst
Job no: 510788fb120
Brand: Flight Centre Travel Group
Work type: Full time
Categories: Operations & Professional Services, Corporate & Group Travel, Finance & Strategy, Information & Technology
This is not your average Business Intelligence Analyst role - this is an opportunity for you to directly influence crucial decisions with stakeholders and contribute to something truly meaningful.
Join us and use your experience to consult with stakeholders to define problems, set success metrics and help shape the way forward through data insights, effective communication, and data stories.
In this role you will work as part of our Data Engineering team to provide exposure to a broad set of datasets and BI technologies. Working as a team you will work on reporting, visualization, storytelling and taking ownership of workflows and structures to make solutions scalable, reproducible, and long-term focused.
The role in a nutshell:
- Develop innovative reporting solutions in Power Bi
- Act as a leader for our Business Intelligence products and support the team
- Own accurate and meaningful data stories to support user decisions
- Create effective data models in Power Bi that allow visualisations to perform efficiently
- Work with data models that require Row Level Security models in place to ensure security of our data
We’d love to hear from you if this sounds like you:
- Hands-on experience using relational databases and big data via writing queries in SQL against multi-terabyte and million row datasets in MS Azure Cloud, EDW, AWS or Hadoop environments.
- Experience using Power Bi
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information.
- Understanding of basic statistical concepts and able to convey to audiences within a large organisation.
- Confident writing reports and presenting to audiences at all levels
- Understands data integration (ETL) methods and tools (SSIS preferred)
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible work environment
- Travel discounts and deals
- Discounted financial and health
- Access to our 24/7 gym located at Global HQ
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
- Ongoing training and professional development
We do things a little differently…
We do things a little differently around here. We do things the FCTG Way.
We have a unique culture and an irreverent DNA based on a proven mix of ideas, values, and ways of working that have helped shape our business over the past 40+ years.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend