StudentUniverse, is a Boston-based travel tech company that operates the world's largest student and youth online travel marketplace. We are looking for a Mid-Level Software Engineer to join our small, but passionate team that is responsible for building and maintaining applications that enable hundreds of thousands of students to travel the world.
StudentUniverse’s parent company, Flight Centre Travel Group is based in Brisbane, Australia and is one of the world’s largest travel agency groups with company owned operations in 23 countries and a corporate travel management network that spans more than 90 countries.
Our product & vision
StudentUniverse was born out of the desire to empower students and youth to travel more by accessing uniquely priced airfares, without the hassle of physical ID cards. We are believers in travel experiences; that they can teach students things they cannot learn in the classroom. Travel better prepares young people to influence the world. We empower students and youth to travel more. We need your help to get us there!
Who we are looking for
We’re looking for a talented Mid-Level Software Engineer to join our data-driven Engineering team.
You must be an optimistic problem solver and enjoy collaborating with team mates to design, build and iterate on software to meet clearly defined company objectives. You’ll need to feel at home in the fast paced world of travel tech, be comfortable in communicating in an unambiguous way and enjoy rolling up your sleeves and getting stuck in.
Sound like a good fit for you?
What’s in it for you:
- You get to work in a dynamic environment full of super passionate and talented people where capabilities are enabled quickly at scale across the globe for travelers.
- You will grow and further develop your competencies working in a team-oriented results-driven environment where learning and collaboration is celebrated.
- We value and encourage autonomy for everyone, allowing you to make your own decisions and learn from the data. The success of the team is dependent upon the success of the individual.
- Determining feasibility of proposed solutions by evaluating problems, specifications and discussing with stakeholders
- Demonstrating proposed software solutions by providing and presenting documentation, code comments, diagrams and charts to the Product Management & Engineering team
- Working with cross-functional departments like Product Management, Data & Analytics etc to define and build the right solution based on the customer problem
- Implementing agreed upon solutions within the accepted software architecture and using agreed up coding standards
- Assisting in the debugging and bug squashing of both customer and internal facing software applications
- Continuously approaching problems and opportunities with an optimistic and open minded view.
Must have skills:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or another related field
- 2+ years of software engineering or software development experience, preferably in a related field
- Experience with: HTML, CSS, JQuery, AngularJS, Git, WebServices with XML and JSON, PostgreSQL
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Fun, curious, and team player
As a travel company, we embrace being global and would love to hear from anyone who wants to work from any one of our offices in Boston, Waltham, Toronto or London.
- Generous remuneration structure
- Travel perks/discounts, in-house financial and health services
- Generous paid-time off policy
- National/International Award Nights and Conferences
- Diversity & Inclusion initiatives
- Benefits including vision, medical, and dental
- Employee Assistance Program
- Contributory 401K program
- Company Share purchase scheme
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Fun and flexible work environment
- Proud Corporate Social Responsibility platform through the Flight Centre Foundation and Brighter Futures program supporting nominated charities through Workplace Giving, Volunteering and Fundraising.
- Employee giving program
- Annual Charity Trip
- Office Environmental Program
- 1 Volunteer Day per Calendar Year
Location – Boston, MA
This position may be performed remotely anywhere within the United States except the State of Colorado
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for and you would like to be part of our award winning culture then APPLY NOW.
Travel is booming once again, and our roles are being filled quicker than a nonstop from London to New York. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
FCTG USA is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer searching for talented people who have a desire to build a rewarding, fun, and exciting career with a company that loves to celebrate your success! Please contact email@example.com if you need any assistance.