Full-Stack Engineer - Brisbane
Job no: 509754DF130
Brand: Flight Centre Travel Group
Work type: Full time
Categories: Information & Technology
At Flight Centre, we believe that good things come to those who wait, and when travel opens up, it's going to be worth it. We’re hiring now to help prepare our business for open borders and increased customer demand.
We are looking for a Full-Stack Web Engineer to help build solutions that make it simple and fast for customers to shop, book and travel collaboratively with expert consultants anywhere and anytime throughout their travel journey. As part of the Consultant Commerce product team, you will work to deliver quality and innovative solutions to delight our customers.
The thrive in this role you will be passionate about software engineering best practices and know what it means to ship high-quality code that is maintainable and extendable.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, build efficient, testable and maintainable code with the right balance between solving the problem at hand and not over-engineering your solution
- Own the quality of what we build, through testing, test automation and observability to ensure operational reliability and performance
- Assist QA Analysts with creation of automated tests using Cypress and Cucumber
- Be a participant in the Flight Centre Community of Practice specialisations driving good development practices across the company
Who you are:
- You have proven experience in building user-friendly, responsive web applications for desktop and mobile
- You have experience with serverless solutions utilizing cloud technology
- You’re passionate about software engineering best practices and know what it means to ship high-quality code that is maintainable and extendable
- You are a highly collaborative team-player who thrives in a team environment without being adversarial and can also work independently
- You have a growth mindset, embracing challenges to continuously improve and innovate
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible work environment – split you time between working from home and our global head office in Southbank
- Travel discounts and deals
- Discounted financial and health services
- Access to our 24/7 gym located at Global HQ
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
- Ongoing training and professional development
**We offer flexible working arrangements, including working from home, however we are not able to offer fully remote working in this role**
We do things a little differently…
We do things a little differently around here. We do things the FCTG Way.
We have a unique culture and an irreverent DNA based on a proven mix of ideas, values and ways of working that have helped shape our business over the past 40+ years.
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend