Business Development Manager - Boston, MA
Job no: 509735
Work type: Full time
Location: Virtual, Massachusetts
Categories: Corporate & Group Travel, Business Development
Business Development Manager
FCM Travel is a global travel management company with substantial growth plans looking for someone who succeeds in a dynamic, fast-paced, high-energy, high-motivation environment.
Due to growth, we have an excellent opportunity for an experienced mid-size market sales consultant to join our successful sales team. The Business Development Manager will contribute to the growth of mid-size multinational business travel by sourcing, selecting, and securing global companies' corporate travel accounts.
At FCM you will be responsible for the successful pursuit, engagement, and sale of FCM Travel services to mid to large size national and multinational organizations. This individual will be required to drive new this type of client acquisition in this market space by building and developing senior level contacts locally and globally, setting the sales strategy, and negotiating with the clients for new business. This individual will contribute to all facets of sales, including prospecting, managing data in Salesforce, product demonstrations, and commercial negotiations.
The ideal candidate has a strong contact network and experience selling directly to C-level executives. They will be expected to present customized solutions and a compelling value proposition to the customer’s executive level staff and multiple stakeholders globally to close profitable sales.
What you’ll do as a BDM:
- Overseeing all aspects of the sales lifecycle within target clients, from solution development through deal closing
- Identifying, qualifying, and capturing new mid-size market national and multinational business for our FCM Travel brand.
- Active contribution to our growth strategy and wider business plan.
- Delivery of results against set objectives
- Work with and respond to complex, large business Request for Proposals
- Cultivate relationships with key stakeholders within these target organizations and facilitate interaction between FCM’s key leadership and theirs
- Maintaining a strong opportunity pipeline and document all account activity
- Liaise with your counterparts around the world to formulate joint strategies to effectively communicate and consult with prospective local contacts
- Using Martech in place (LinkedIn, ZoomInfo, Sales Nav, and Highspot) for industry and marketing focused lead generation and prospecting.
To be successful as BDM you need:
- At least 8 years of professional B2B sales experience with strategic & consultative selling and negotiating skills. Including a minimum of 3 years related to acquiring complex multinational customers.
- Proven success running complex sales cycles with multiple stakeholders
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to build strong client relationships
- Excellent presentation skills with groups of all sizes and levels of management
- Excellent influencing and contract/commercial negotiation skills
- Solid computer skills including MS Office; Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience working with Salesforce
- Analysis experience should include working with clients to develop business requirements and business process reviews
- Must be able to work independently to achieve sales goals.
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally to meet the demands of the assigned territory.
- An existing book of relevant contacts at flagship companies, ability to get key meetings and close leads
- A Bachelor's degree is preferred; however, a candidate will be considered if he/she has outstanding and proven sales experience.
What's in it for you?
- Base salary plus uncapped commissions
- Fun and team oriented working environment
- Work from home options
- Global conferences and award ceremonies in different parts of the world
- Fully paid training
- Travel industry discounts
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, and stock options
- Offsite staff meetings
- Family-like work environment
Location: Remote, Boston, MA
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, priority will be given to those located in Boston, MA.
FCTG USA is a passionate, forward thinking company and equal opportunity employer searching for talented people who have a desire to build a rewarding, fun, and exciting career with a company that loves to celebrate your success!
Back to search results Apply now