Front End Engineer - Remote, CAN
Job no: 509453
Work type: Full time
Location: Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Quebec, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, Ontario
Categories: Information & Technology
Front End Engineer
WhereTo (now a part of Flight Centre Travel Group) is looking for a passionate, motivated and skilled Front End Engineer to join our growing engineering team. This is an exciting opportunity to be an integral part of the team leading the return to travel. We are looking for a self-motivated team player, a mentor to others contributing to our culture of engineering and operational excellence, continuously improving our craftsmanship.
- Leading and helping the Front-End team code with performance, scalability, and usability in mind.
- You will live and breathe the virtual-DOM, pure reducers and immutable data structures.
- 4+ years professional software development experience (internships and personal projects not included)
- 2+ years experience with React.js or other web framework (Vue.js, Angular, Ember, etc.)
- Experience with state containers (i.e Redux, Alt, Flux)
- HTML5 (specifically dealing with IE quirks)
- Experienced in Agile development and TDD / BDD
- Able to iterate quickly
- Strong understanding of Git fundamentals
- Experience with pure-functional programming is a bonus (Ramda, Lo-Dash FP, etc)
- Interest in full-stack development is a bonus.
What Flight Centre Travel Group can offer you:
- Strengths based culture
- Relaxed dress attire
- In-house travel planner to book discounted hotel & air
- National/International Award Nights
- Diversity & Inclusion initiatives
- Benefits including vision, medical, and dental after one full month of employment
- Generous paid-time off policy
- Free and confidential access to our in-house financial advisor
- Life Insurance, Short/Long-Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, Health Advocate and MD Live
- Proud Corporate Social Responsibility platform through the Flight Centre Foundation and Brighter Futures program supporting nominated charities through Workplace Giving, Volunteering and Fundraising.
- Employee giving program
- Annual Charity Trip
- Office Environmental Program
- 1 Volunteer Day per Calendar Year
Location: Remote, Canada
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for and you would like to be part of our award winning culture then APPLY NOW.
Our promise is to provide an environment with equality of respect, dignity and opportunity for all our employees. We value an inclusive and supportive workplace which truly reflects the diversification of our society. Flight Centre Travel Group is committed to providing a barrier-free pathway throughout our recruitment selection process. If you require accommodation because of a disability at any stage of our hiring process, please let us know in advance by contacting our Recruitment Team at email@example.com
Back to search results Apply now