Lead Software Engineer - Brisbane QLD
Job no: 509427
Brand: Flight Centre Travel Group
Work type: Full time
Categories: Information & Technology
About the Opportunity:
The Enterprise Applications team is looking for a Lead Engineer with a proven track record to join our growing area.
We look after a range of diverse global applications, tools and processes covering finance, HR, risk and banking.
We need someone to be responsible for maintaining and improving the coding standards/tools and processes of the software engineers across these pillars. Someone willing to get their hands dirty and join in with the development whilst also being able to take a step back and look at the bigger picture.
We need someone who can help modernize our deployment processes and tools whilst supporting legacy applications and code bases. An all-rounder with a strong understanding of compliance and security.
- Set and maintain standards, tools and deployment processes across the software engineering discipline
- Install, configure and maintain the continuous integration and testing framework including build servers, repositories and automated testing
- Mentor and assist with personal development for the software engineers and contribute to performance reviews
- Design and build efficient, testable, and maintainable code, review and set frameworks for reviewing other engineer’s code
- Work end to end across multiple applications with varied technology stacks including React, Java, Hibernate, Spring, SQL Server and Oracle
- Collaborate across areas working with other engineering leads to improve yourself and the team, keeping abreast of technology trends and how they can work for us
We’d love to hear from you if this sounds like you:
- You have 5+ years development experience and have led a development team or discipline
- Experience in configuring and maintaining continuous integration environments
- Passionate about software engineering best practices and interested in shipping high-quality code that is maintainable and scalable
- Self-motivated and excited by the prospect of helping yourself and other developers reach their full potential
- You have a growth mindset, embracing challenges to continuously improve and innovate
- Java, Hibernate, Spring, JDBC
- React, JS, CSS, Ext-js, JSF
- Oracle, SQL, PLSQL
- Git, Maven, Jenkins
- AWS, Azure
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible work environment
- Travel discounts and deals bookable through our internal team of travel agents, Travelwise
- Discounted financial and health services through our Moneywise and Healthwise businesses
- Access to our 24/7 gym located at Global HQ
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
- Ongoing training and professional development
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend