FCM - Front End Developer - Remote, Canada
Job no: 509176
Work type: Full time
Location: Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Quebec, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, Ontario, Virtual
Categories: Information & Technology
Title: Front-end Developer
Reports to: Tech Lead
We are looking for a bright, energetic, and talented developer who is highly technical, creative, and extremely user-focused. We specialize in development of web and mobile travel applications, information driven solutions, and ways to align technology solutions with business objectives.
As a FlightCentre Front-End Developer you will design and develop informative, interactive, well-designed Web Sites and Components to support external clients' business strategies globally (e.g. travel management applications).
- Passion for building responsive, elegant, and engaging experiences with future-friendly web technologies.
- Ability to gain an understanding of customer process and issues and communicate them back.
- Strong visual design sense and appreciation for development with a client experience focus.
- Understanding the importance of interactive design and usability for web-based applications.
- Team player working closely with designers to take wireframes from conception to implementation and design and improve user interfaces.
- Familiarity with website optimization techniques.
- Clear communication skills (written and oral) and an ability to work effectively with other teams.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Strong vanilla JS skills and experience with ES6 and jQuery.
- Proven expertise in developing single page applications (SPA) using techniques including routing, client-side templating, and consuming JSON-based RESTful APIs.
- Experience with responsive layout and design; preferably with Bootstrap framework.
- Deep understanding of html semantics, CSS (sass, less), box-model / Flexbox.
- Understands QA activities in relation to systems development lifecycle.
- Experience in application lifecycle management, agile development methods and software planning.
- Understanding of back-end programming concepts - familiarity with .Net and MVC a plus.
Preferred Education Background
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or related field or n equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Years of Work Experience
5+ years of professional experience.
Our Tech Stack
- .Net Core, .NET Framework, Windows, IIS
- C#, ASP.NET MVC, Web API
- Vue.js, Knockout
- SQL Server
What FCTG USA can offer you:
- Strengths based culture
- Fun and flexible work environment
- Relaxed dress attire
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
- Ongoing training and professional development
- In-house travel planner to book discounted hotel & air
- National/International Award Nights
- Diversity & Inclusion initiatives
- Benefits including vision, medical, and dental after one full month of employment
- 401K program
- Generous paid-time off policy
- Free and confidential access to our in-house financial advisor (401K, Stock Plan)
- Life Insurance, Short/Long-Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, Health Advocate and MD Live
- Proud Corporate Social Responsibility platform through the Flight Centre Foundation and Brighter Futures program supporting nominated charities through Workplace Giving, Volunteering and Fundraising.
- Employee giving program
- Annual Charity Trip
- Office Environmental Program
- 1 Volunteer Day per Calendar Year
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for and you would like to be part of our award winning culture then APPLY NOW.
Our promise is to provide an environment with equality of respect, dignity and opportunity for all our employees. We value an inclusive and supportive workplace which truly reflects the diversification of our society. Flight Centre Travel Group is committed to providing a barrier-free pathway throughout our recruitment selection process. If you require accommodation because of a disability at any stage of our hiring process, please let us know in advance by contacting our Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Remote, Canada
Back to search results Apply now