Technical Business Analyst - Canada
Job no: 508717
Brand: Flight Centre Travel Group
Work type: Full time
Location: British Columbia, Ontario
Categories: Information & Technology
Technical Business Analyst
Flight Centre Travel Group is looking for a Technical Business Analyst.
About the Position
We are looking for a highly skilled, motivated technical and business analyst to join our team.
In this role you will be part of the core team involved in a wide variety of software engineering tasks to develop the company’s next generation Lead Management and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform.
You will be a core team member leading the technical business analysis discipline. You will lead requirement gathering sessions by evaluating new and existing use cases as well as facilitate user interviews and document user stories. You will be responsible for system integration approach validation and maintenance, verify design and customization fit-for-purpose, contribute to both functional and non-functional test plans/cases, perform and manage functional system testing, lead scrums and track post launch feedback to understand and improve user adoption.
You will also play a key role in defining the product roadmap by performing in-depth analysis of product features, ROI and market landscape research. You will present your findings to various decision makers to help prioritize the product roadmap.
You will work closely with multiple development, customer experience and business relationships teams within the global organization.
- Lead requirement gathering sessions and facilitate user interviews
- Document and communicate requirements both internally and externally
- Perform in-depth analysis, ROI and market research for new features
- Design and Perform extensive functional tests including automating testing whenever possible
- Conduct project closure sessions and collect/analyze feedback to help improve user adoption.
- Lead projects using agile methodology
- Build and lead business analyst best practices
- Contribute & execute on test plans/cases
- Gather and understand business needs for APIs
- 4+ years in a business/technical analysis role in a technical environment
- Experience as a lead analyst working closely with project managers, project stakeholders (both technical and non-technical stakeholders) and development teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with users from various seniority levels
- Excellent English language communication skills; both verbal and written
- Experience in agile project methodology, including leading Scrum ceremonies
- Experience in developing and managing use cases and user stories
- Experience working in teams developing cloud-based solutions on AWS and Azure
- Knowledge of basic building blocks in AWS infrastructure stacks
- Experience using tools for data and process modelling, use case diagrams
- Knowledge of one or more scripting programming languages like Python, TypeScript, …
- Familiarity with UI test automation frameworks
- Experience using browser dev tools
- Knowledge of UML and ability to express flows using flow charts (LucidChart, Gliffy, Miro)
Nice to Have:
- Experience in the travel or hospitality industry
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 (CRM)
- Training in negotiation or interviewing techniques
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- Experience with test automation tools
- Generous remuneration structure
- Travel perks/discounts, in-house financial and health services
- Generous paid-time off policy
- National/International Award Nights and Conferences
- Diversity & Inclusion initiatives
- Benefits including vision, medical, and dental
- Employee Assistance Program
- Contributory RRSP/RPP matching scheme
- Company Share purchase scheme
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Fun and flexible work environment
- Proud Corporate Social Responsibility platform through the Flight Centre Foundation and Brighter Futures program supporting nominated charities through Workplace Giving, Volunteering and Fundraising.
- Employee giving program
- Annual Charity Trip
- Office Environmental Program
- 1 Volunteer Day per Calendar Year
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for and you would like to be part of our award winning culture then APPLY NOW.
Our promise is to provide an environment with equality of respect, dignity and opportunity for all our employees. We value an inclusive and supportive workplace which truly reflects the diversification of our society. Flight Centre Travel Group is committed to providing a barrier-free pathway throughout our recruitment selection process. If you require accommodation because of a disability at any stage of our hiring process, please let us know in advance by contacting our Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to search results Apply now