Corporate Traveler - BI Developer/Analyst - Waltham, MA
Job no: 508690
Brand: Corporate Traveler (US)
Work type: Full time
Categories: Corporate & Group Travel
Location: Waltham MA, Boston MA, Chicago IL, Montvale NJ
Reports to: Tech Leader of Reporting
Position: BI Developer/Analyst
We are looking for a smart and driven individual to be responsible for reimagining our client-facing reporting suite for our growing global corporate brand. Data is a big focus for our company and this role will be part of a key pillar in our technology product offering. In this role, you will be supporting our team with building new visualizations & dashboards, perform advanced data analysis and support of the day to day business with data inquiries. Specific duties will require the applicant to have a strong background using the Microsoft Business Intelligence suite or similar technology. The qualified candidate must have a minimum of 4+ years of relevant experience.
- Developing visual reports, dashboards and KPI scorecards Collect large amounts of data and transforming it into usable formats.
- Implement row level security on data and understand application security
- Provide project support, includes participating in meetings and project scoping
- Adhoc analysis of travel data for internal review & external clients
- Assist with customer support queries, such as data integrity and validation questions
- Analyze data and trends, and suggest performance improvement measures
- Work effectively with the client management team to identify, estimate, prioritize, and resolve issues
- Responsible for design methodology and project documentation
- Provide training to other company personnel on data & reporting
- Work on assigned special projects commensurate with their abilities, experience and skill level
- Microsoft Business Intelligence tools - PowerBI
- Must have a good understanding of data relationships and a strong command of SQL syntax
- Data warehousing, data mart and database technologies, standards, and methodologies
- Database tuning and performance
- Analysis and design skills, critical thinking, and analytical problem solving
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel
Not required but nice to have:
- Experience with travel data
- Experience with other Business Intelligence tools
- Experience with Microsoft Azure
- Experience with SSIS or ETL similar
- Database Administration and maintenance
In addition to the above:
- Exceptional service orientation.
- Manage ongoing relationships with internal and external clients.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills ; strong customer focus skills
- Focused on achieving key objectives and goals relevant to success of the role.
- Completes tasks in an organized and methodical manner to meet agreed objectives.
- Able to multi-task and manage own time.
- Persistence to get results.
- Self-motivated and directed to achieve results.
Problem solving and analytical skills:
- Proactively identifies problems and escalate without prompting.
- Ability to analyze large volumes of information and break down into manageable portions in a logical manner.
Attention to Detail:
- Able to focus on large volumes of data and identify errors or discrepancies.
- Ability to relate with people and develop ongoing relationships that are mutually beneficial.
- Recognizes the importance of teamwork to achieve objectives.
- Ability to communicate and articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical people.
- Can create documentation of systems and processes that are logical and easy to follow.
Back to search results Apply now