Head of SEO - Boston, MA
Job no: 508667
Brand: Flight Centre Travel Group
Work type: Full time
Categories: Marketing, Web, Creative & UX, Leisure Travel & Retail, Information & Technology
Head of SEO | Flight Centre Travel Group
We are looking for a Global Head of SEO. The position will oversee all aspects of organic marketing, including search engine optimization (SEO), app store optimization (ASO), local store digital listings and reviews platforms, as a discipline within FCTG’s global leisure portfolio of businesses. The new leader will bring together subject matter experts from our various teams around the world into a centre of excellence model delivering high standards and output for the group.
You will audit strategies and setup in each market and business, then work to set best practices and optimize both performance and structure of resources globally. You will work closely with various brand leaders as well as regional marketing leaders. You will also partner with the digital and web teams on the development of a single web platform iterated across brands and markets and consult on organic implications of site migrations and redesigns, as a key focus.
As Head of Organic, you will drive the constant innovation and performance of Flight Centre Travel Group’s organic presence across all search engines and organic channels by focusing on the right data and tactics to secure rankings for existing terms as well as expand keyword coverage.
- Conduct website and organic presence audits across brands and markets, presenting findings and recommendations to web, marketing and leadership teams
- Review and rationalize agency relationships, determining where optimal to bring resource in-house and where to leverage agencies to programmatically optimize budget and performance
- Optimize content, site structure, link architecture, and our growing online footprint
- Build and deliver KPI reports to stakeholders
- Mentor, coach, and manage organic marketing team and analyst members to maximize their potential and growth
- Partner with in-house brand and creative teams as well as external agencies for creative and content development as needed
- Increase and constantly iterating the communication streams and alignment cross functionally that ensure organic efforts are understood, well-supported, and successful at the enterprise level
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 7+ years experience in digital marketing with an emphasis on search engine optimization
- Highly technical SEO experience is required. Must have demonstrated ability to work with development teams advising on organic implications of coding decisions. Content optimization will not suffice.
- Intimate experience with local SEO and experience working with organizations with both digital and physical retail presence
- Deep foundation of leveraging core SEO concepts (keyword research, user intent, crawlability, mobile-friendly, page speed, etc.) to improve organic channel performance
- In-depth understanding of the requisite SEO tools & tactics
- Actively seek knowledge and learnings on the latest innovations and opportunities impacting the overall marketing landscape
- Position requires flexibility in hours for calls with overseas teams
About Flight Centre:
Flight Centre Travel Group has grown to become one of the world’s largest travel agency groups since its founding in 1982. Headquartered in Brisbane, Australia, the company has more than 30 brands in its portfolio, 18 office locations across the U.S., 3,000 locations worldwide and employs more than 19,000 people.
What FCTG USA can offer you:
- Strengths based culture
- Fun and flexible work environment
- Relaxed dress attire
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
- Ongoing training and professional development
- In-house travel planner to book discounted hotel & air
- National/International Award Nights
- Diversity & Inclusion initiatives
- Benefits including vision, medical, and dental after one full month of employment
- 401K program
- Generous paid-time off policy
- Free and confidential access to our in-house financial advisor (401K, Stock Plan)
- Life Insurance, Short/Long-Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, Health Advocate and MD Live
- Proud Corporate Social Responsibility platform through the Flight Centre Foundation and Brighter Futures program supporting nominated charities through Workplace Giving, Volunteering and Fundraising.
- Employee giving program
Annual Charity Trip
Office Environmental Program
1 Volunteer Day per Calendar Year
FCTG USA is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer searching for talented people who have a desire to build a rewarding, fun, and exciting career with a company that loves to celebrate your success! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any assistance.
Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with Flight Centre Travel Group in the USA is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Location: Boston, MA
Back to search results Apply now