Regional Finance Manager – Americas
Job no: 508493
Work type: Full time
Categories: Wholesale & Product
Regional Finance Manager – Americas
- Are you passionate about developing a team of finance experts?
- Do you have a background in a Big 4 and want to expand your skills in a public listed company?
- Do you thrive in the ability to ensure the financial health of a multinational business?
Then we want to hear from you!
The Discova brand was launched in July 2019 and is the newest brand in the Flight Centre Travel Group family of brands. The merger of Buffalo Tours in Asia and Olympus Tours in the Americas created a global DMC business with more than 20 years experience in delivering amazing travel experiences to our customers. With a purpose to connect people and places with a world of possibilities, we are the travel people who work globally, live locally and go the extra mile to help our partners extend their reach.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for an energic finance manager that is confident with the full scope of accounting principles to lead all finance activities for the Americas region of Discova which includes Mexico, Dominican Republic and Costa Rica.
This is a finance role like no other! In the morning you will be hands-on crouching the numbers for month-end, by lunchtime you will be training your team in a new process that you have designed and wrap up the day with a strategic planning meeting with the Regional Operations Manager. No day will be the same and it will never get boring! To be successful you will have experience working within a multi-currency, multi-location business. You will need to be CA/CPA or similarly qualified, have experience working in a global financial reporting structure be passionate about driving continuous improvement programs. This is a hands-on position that will suit someone who understands what key role teamwork and leadership plays when working under pressure with competing priorities.
Ideally located in Cancun Mexico, however, we are also open to applications to work in Punta Cana Dominican Republic.
- Financial Reporting month end reporting within fixed deadlines.
- Lead the team in the delivery of month end processes, reconciliations and Head Office Financial Reporting packs in adherence with IFRS.
- Developing processes and controls which are efficient and effective, through fully utilizing our ERP system.
- Accounts Payable and Receivable process excellence, overseeing the shared service functions.
- Conduct reviews with Department heads to review business performance against Budget, Forecast and Prior year results.
- Assist the Director of Finance to develop and execute the Regional Finance plan.
- Prepare insightful analysis of actual results vs. budget and prior year for the group
- Play a crucial role in managing business changes from financial perspective, including projects, new company set up, changing in local legislation, changes in Group structure.
- Work with global Risk Management and Internal audit experts.
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures and manage Regional finance cost budget.
- Provide financial modelling to support new business initiatives and partner with the business to provide costing and profitability analysis to enable informed decision making and have ability to translate financial performance into operational decision making.
- Assist Business Leaders with budgeting and forecasting.
- Offer ideas and initiatives to the business to improve results and productivity.
- Create an environment where people feel supported, connected, and empowered.
- Demonstrate constructive conflict resolution skills to ensure positive outcome for all and have ability to create vision and obtain by in from the team
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in finance and in a regional capacity would be an advantage.
- CA/CPA designation (or equivalent) desirable.
- Fluent in Spanish and English, written and spoken
- Minimum 3 years leadership experience in managing teams is required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
- Ability to develop and implement processes and controls across different disciplines
- Experience working with an ERP system a plus
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Customer centric with commitment to high standards of service delivery.
- High attention to detail & strong time/priority management skills
- Effective time/priority management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills across different cultures.
- Flexible working in a global environment and time zones, which may require meetings late at night, on weekends or early in the morning
- Willing to travel internationally for business
Finally, if you are successful, you will find out that working with Discova is more than just a job. To be part of the Discova family is to be in your element. We offer an exciting career progression globally and a fantastic and supportive team culture and social events that are the envy of the industry.
Get in touch now and Discova a world of possibilities!
Back to search results Apply now