Umapped - Product Designer UX/UI (Maternity Leave Contract)
Job no: 508452
Brand: Flight Centre
Work type: Full time
Categories: Information & Technology
Product Designer (UX/UI)
Are you passionate about travel and technology?
Are you looking for a challenge to be part of scaling a growing global technology platform and business?
We are seeking a highly creative Product Designer (UX/UI) to help us build the greatest, most intuitive user experience possible. As a part of the product management team, you will be an integral part of every stage of the product development process. Leading the UX and UI design throughout, you will be involved in the product strategy from discovery to delivery to iteration, while continuously collaborating with product managers and engineers to define the optimal experience. This is a maternity leave contract with the possibility to extend.
Umapped, a Flight Centre Travel Group company is the leading collaborative B2B2C trip management technology platform in the global travel industry. Our products help travel companies and professionals engage with their customers throughout the entire travel lifecycle.
The company's core products include:
- Consumer facing web and mobile applications
- Trip Publisher, an online itinerary and proposal builder for travel professionals
- TripLinQ, a content and itinerary data interface accessed via API service
What you will be doing
- Be an integral part of the product management team and work closely with product managers to define the product roadmap and design new product features.
- Build an understanding of Umapped’s product architecture and distill it into intuitive interfaces and workflows that work cross-platform.
- Create wireframes, prototypes, user flows, visual designs and other artifacts to support product development and enhancements.
- Communicate clearly and present the UX experience to stakeholders and team members outlining the customer problem, vision, rationale, constraints and assumptions.
- Work closely with software engineers to ensure design specifications are implemented to a high standard of polish.
- Quickly iterate on design solutions and ideas based on feedback from peers, user research, and data learnings.
- Lead UX research and usability testing to build a deep understanding of the needs of our users.
- Collaborate with the customer success and account management teams to analyze user feedback and identify user experience improvements.
- Define and enforce design standards including UI style guides, visual strategies, brand standards, and colour palettes for a variety of initiatives across the team, such as support portals and email and web marketing.
- Collaborate with global partners throughout Flight Centre Travel Group to design experiences for customers around the world.
- 5+ years experience in a Product Designer or UX/UI Designer role with proven track-record of success.
- Experience with Sketch (or Figma), Adobe Creative Suite, and Zeplin (or similar).
- Experience with prototyping software such as InVision, ProtoPie or similar.
- Understanding of Google’s Material Design or Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines.
- Experience working in an agile environment alongside Product Managers and Engineers.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures.
- Deep understanding of responsive design techniques for desktop, tablets & mobile.
- Experience conducting A/B testing, usability surveys/interviews and interpreting insights from end-user feedback.
- B2C experience.
- Ability to create and maintain a front-end component library.
- Good time-management skills.
- Self-driven and eager to learn.
Nice to haves
- Ability to design ReactJS components.
- Knowledge of Scrum and Agile methodologies.
- B2B experience.
- Experience with Storybook.
All interested applicants should apply with their resume and portfolio link.
Our promise is to provide an environment with equality of respect, dignity and opportunity for all our employees. We value an inclusive and supportive workplace which truly reflects the diversification of our society. Flight Centre Travel Group is committed to providing a barrier-free pathway throughout our recruitment selection process. If you require accommodation because of a disability at any stage of our hiring process, please let us know in advance by contacting our Recruitment Team at email@example.com
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now