Regional Financial Controller - Americas
Job no: 508272
Work type: Full time
Categories: Wholesale & Product
Regional Financial Controller - Americas
- Are you passionate about maintaining financial control?
- Do you thrive in the ability to ensure the financial health of a multinational business?
- Are you ready to drive strategy at senior a level and provide insight to help accelerate our growth?
Then we want to hear from you!
The Discova brand was launched in July 2019 and is the newest brand in the Flight Centre Travel Group family of brands. The merger of Buffalo Tours in Asia and Olympus Tours in the Americas created a global DMC business with more than 20 years experience in delivering amazing travel experiences to our customers. With a purpose to connect people and places with a world of possibilities, we are the travel people who work globally, live locally and go the extra mile to help our partners extend their reach.
About the Opportunity
Discova is looking for a Regional Financial Controller to join the team in Latin America. This role is responsible for all finance activities for the Americas region of Discova which includes Mexico, Dominican Republic and Costa Rica.
Reporting into the Global CFO based in Asia. A the Regional Financial Controller’s responsibilities include overseeing a multi-country team of 12 finance professionals to provide financial support, advice and analysis. To be successful in this role experience working within a multi-currency, multi-location business is essential. You will need to be CA/CPA or similarly qualified, have experience working in a global financial reporting structure be passionate about driving continuous improvement programs. This is a hands-on role which will requires the ability to work under pressure with competing priorities.
Ideally located in Cancun Mexico, however we are also open to applications to work in Punta Cana Dominican Republic.
- Monthly Financial Reporting to fixed deadlines in line with local and group reporting requirements.
- Developing processes and controls which are efficient and effective, through fully utilizing our ERP system.
- Accounts Payable and Receivable process excellence, overseeing the shared service functions.
- Conduct reviews with Department heads to review business performance against Budget, Forecast and Prior year results.
- Play a crucial role in managing business changes from financial perspective, including projects, new company set up, changing in local legislation, changes in Group structure.
- Work with global Risk Management and Internal audit experts.
- Provide financial modelling to support new business initiatives and partner with the business to provide costing and profitability analysis to enable informed decision making and have ability to translate financial performance into operational decision making.
- Offer ideas and initiatives to the business to improve results and productivity.
- Create an environment where people feel supported, connected, and empowered.
- Demonstrate constructive conflict resolution skills to ensure positive outcome for all and have ability to create vision and obtain buy-in from the team
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in finance and in a regional capacity would be an advantage.
- CA/CPA designation (or equivalent) desirable.
- Fluent in Spanish and English, written and spoken
- Minimum 3 years leadership experience in managing teams is required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
- Ability to develop and implement processes and controls across different disciplines
- Experience working with an ERP system a plus
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Customer centric with commitment to high standards of service delivery.
- High attention to detail & strong time/priority management skills
- Effective time/priority management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills across different cultures.
- Flexible working in a global environment and time zones, which may require meetings late at night, on weekends or early in the morning
- Willing to travel internationally for business
Finally, if you are successful, you will find out that working with Discova is more than just a job. To be part of the Discova family is to be in your element. We offer an exciting career progression globally and a fantastic and supportive team culture and social events that are the envy of the industry.
Get in touch now and Discova a world of possibilities!
Back to search results Apply now