UK Based Business Development Manager for Asia
Job no: 508236
Work type: Full time
Location: City of London
Categories: Wholesale & Product
UK Based Business Development Manager for Asia
- Do you love the thrill of winning new business?
- Are you ready to be face and voice of Discova to our clients and our partners?
- Rather than sales pitches, do you have real conversations that build long term relationships?
Then we want to hear from you!
The Discova brand was launched in July 2019 and is the newest brand in the Flight Centre Travel Group family of brands. The merger of Buffalo Tours in Asia and Olympus Tours in the Americas created a global DMC business with more than 20 years experience in delivering amazing travel experiences to our customers. With a purpose to connect people and places with a world of possibilities, we are the travel people who work globally, live locally and go the extra mile to help our partners extend their reach.
About the Opportunity
Discova is looking for Business Development Manager to join the team in London, UK.
This is a dynamic, fast-paced and results-driven environment that will suit an energetic and strategic thinker with a clear vision. You will bring your exceptional knowledge of the Asian travel market, along with solid networking and communication skills.
You will work as a trusted and integral team member reporting directly to the General Manager of Sales for EU & UK and be responsible for researching new business opportunities and finding new clients, leveraging the company reputation and your industry contacts to take our business to new heights.
- Responsible for sales in all Discova Destinations, this will be heavily focused towards Asia in the short to medium term. We would look to expand this to the Americas from 2022.
- Establish relationships with new and current partners; building on key relationships and responsible for delivering growth with existing partners in existing and new destinations.
- Ability to provide sound consultation and business solutions for clients based on their current and future needs.
- Delivering a program of planned activity, sales calls, training, and promotional activity as defined by yearly sales targets and annual marketing plans.
- Research and develop pricing and product strategies suitable to specific markets and new business opportunities for Discova
- Collaborating and communicating with the Account Management team to ensure customer satisfaction and growth in line with company budgets and coordinate with destinations to plan and host agent FAM trips for your source market.
- Liaise with all local office General Managers, sales teams, and business development support to share learnings and feedback on the markets & opportunities.
- Complete yearly sales plans, monthly reports, and process documents to track progress against overall budget and analysing sales figures and suggesting suitable strategies for growth.
- Minimum Bachelor degree or equivalent working experience - Degree in tourism and hospitality is an advantage.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience Sales with solid track record of successful B2B development/sales - (sales experience in the travel industry is a plus).
- Contacts in the B2B Asia space.
- Good knowledge of the EMEA industry.
- Knowledge of Salesforce would be an advantage.
- Fluent in written and spoken English – German speaking would also be an advantage.
- Ability to travel extensively monthly throughout the regions of responsibility, mostly UK/Europe.
The Skills and Attributes:
- Outstanding sales skills with strong customer care focus.
- Results orientated; we are looking for a hunter.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to be flexible and implementing change when needed.
- Excellent communicator to a diverse range of people (customers, suppliers, team members, leaders).
- High attention to details, and self-motivated.
- Able to work under pressure and juggle multiple tasks and able to work outside office hours when required.
- Solution focused and great at problem solving.
- Able to work independently and within a team assisting team members to help everyone achieve results.
- Flexible rotating roster that may include late nights, weekends and early mornings and flexible with uncertainties/changing priorities and under pressure.
- Willing to travel on business when required
- Personally, aligned with Discova’s company purpose and values.
Finally, if you are successful, you will find out that working with Discova is more than just a job. To be part of the Discova family is to be in your element. We offer an exciting career progression globally and a fantastic and supportive team culture and social events that are the envy of the industry.
Get in touch now and Discova a world of possibilities!
Back to search results Apply now