Solutions Design Consultant
Job no: 508208
Work type: Full time
Location: Shanghai, China
Categories: Corporate & Group Travel
About the Opportunity
The Solution Design Consultant (SDC) plays a crucial role in designing and proposing solutions customized to the exact need of multi-national clients during the sales process by championing FCM’s Brand Value Proposition. This is achieved through the incorporation of your unique insights, expertise and best practices in IT, innovation and trends together with the creation of Strategic Program Proposals (SPP), and also to drive the coordination of the implementation via a Statement of Work (SOW). This will ensure measurable and realistic goals/expectations are set through the client journey.
Based in Shanghai, the SDC’s key aim is ultimately to guide clients towards the optimization of their business travel program.
Here are your key duties and responsibilities
- Drive FCM portfolio of value-added solutions and innovations to ensure company commercial success for multinational clients, via optimization and enhancement of existing programs
- Together with the commercial teams, develop relationship with key customers and prospects in order to understand business needs and convert them into strategic opportunities
- Design the initial Statement of Work (SOW) for MNC accounts, ensuring scalability and customization can be achieved based on client requirements
- Assist Sales teams in the RFP/sales process by consultatively working with prospective clients to define key recommendations, deliverables and timelines for the onboarding process, as well as future opportunities for travel program optimization
- Liaise internally with the support teams (Sales, Implementation, Account Management) to manage client expectations, and make recommendations for alternative solutions where applicable
- Work on the optimization of existing clients by designing continuous, ongoing, incremental improvements to drive value adds and efficiencies
- Liaise internally and externally with key stakeholders to drive project deadline
- Set up and lead any required conference calls & meetings during the solution design process
- Ensure all client facing documentation is updated & sent to the client in a timely manner
- Manage any other client expectation in a professional & timely manner
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Travel Consultant and a sound understanding of dealing with MNC accounts
- A strong knowledge of end-to-end business processes and the downstream effects associated with these, including GDS, BO/MO, QC, OBT and Reporting tools
- A strong understanding of the MNC Implementation processes
- A university degree in IT, Computer Science, or Engineering, or a combination of other formal qualifications with special experience that may be regarded as equivalent
- A certificate or qualification in Project Management, or a combination of other formal qualifications with special experience that may be regarded as equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal skill and ability to work cohesively across teams to contribute to the growth of the business
- Strong communication and persuasive skills to conduct presentations/product demonstrations in a confident/engaging manner
FCM is an Equal Opportunity Employer searching for talented, driven people who have a desire to build a rewarding career in a company that loves to celebrate your success! By joining the FCM team, you'll discover first hand why we're recognized around the world as an outstanding employer.
Interested? Apply today to explore this amazing opportunity!
Back to search results Apply now