Enter the exciting and rewarding world of travel
If you have experience in retail, hospitality, sales or customer service, then you could be a Travel Consultant with Flight Centre. Get paid to sell air, land, cruise, tours and related travel experiences that exceed your customers' expectations.
Who We’re Looking For
• A passion for travel with trips to at least 3 countries outside of Aotearoa
• Sales experience with at least 1 year in a target-driven environment
• Customer-focused with the ability to build great relationships
• Target and KPI driven with a motivation to succeed
• Knowledge of the area and an active participant in the local community to help build a loyal client base
• Sell flights, tours, accommodation, cruises and experiences
• Provide expert recommendations and tips
• Book and create tailored itineraries
• Manage a portfolio of new and repeat customers
What We Offer
• Career Development - you choose your career path and we'll help you get there - our internal promotions policy provides opportunities to across Flight Centre brands
• Discounted travel with up to 75% off for you and a friend
• Paid volunteer day a year
• The best team bonding in the industry - celebrations, dinners and awards
• Reward and recognition - earn trips around the world
• $500 uniform allowance - never buy work clothes again
The Hours and Training
• 4 weeks of fully paid classroom and on-the-job training
• Full-time, retail hours
• An hour of 'me time' each week to do whatever it is that lifts you up
• Flexible working arrangements for established Consultants
Pay and Financial Benefits
• Full-time salaried role
• Base salary plus unlimited or uncapped commission with a minimum take-home pay of $45,000. Commission is paid out monthly
• Match 3% Kiwisaver contributions
• Generous discounts with the major insurance companies
If you've worked as a Retail / Sales Assistant / Sales Rep / Team Leader / Salesperson / Customer Service Rep / CSR / Fundraiser / Sales Consultant / Shift / Duty / Store / General / Restaurant Manager / Door-to-door Sales Person / Rep you have the skills for this role.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes and is easy on your phone or laptop.
We are well-known for our strong culture, fun people, global footprint and exciting career opportunities – plus we sell the most exciting, and the best product in the world – travel.
Do you want to share your real passion for travel with other travellers and holiday makers every single day?
About the opportunity:
Our Travel Consultants, craft personalised travel experiences for our customers by building strong relationships to really understand what our customers are looking for in their next holiday. Right now we are on the lookout for travel-loving people to be an integral part of our customer's travel experiences by becoming Travel Consultants.
While working in our retail stores, you will be building a successful career path in an industry you'll love. This could be the start of something big...
What will I be doing?
- Your first four weeks will be spent soaking up information provided by our award-winning trainers in Welcome Aboard training. Here you'll learn about our fantastic product offering, how to use our booking systems and our steps to providing a fantastic customer service and sale process.
- As our next travel expert, you will plan, book and craft your customer’s next personalised travel experience
- You will provide excellent customer service using your outstanding communication skills; face-to-face, online, and over the phone
- Using your excellent people skills you'll build strong, ongoing relationships with your customers
- You'll be a valuable part of your new team, contributing to your team's success by working towards sales targets and by actively helping to create a positive environment
What experience and skills do I need?
- You have experience in a retail or customer service role
- You are available to work full-time retail hours, including weekends and public holidays
- You have strong self-motivation with an ability to determine solutions
- You have unrestricted work rights within Australia (over 12 months)
- You have travelled to a variety of international and domestic destinations
- You are organised, customer-focused, and a brilliant communicator
- You have completed year 12 or equivalent
What work perks will I have access to?
- We offer all of our people both free health and wellness consultations and free financial planning guidance
- As one of the world's greatest travel companies, of course we offer fantastic discounted travel benefits to help you to see more of the world
- Your success is always high priority, we offer ongoing training, development and career opportunities
- We're a social bunch, so there's plenty of opportunity to enjoy complimentary social events from monthly award nights to gala balls
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are ready to launch your career with Flight Centre, apply today.
Please note: You need only apply for one role with Flight Centre Travel Group as the Recruitment Team will consider your application for all brands and businesses within the state or territory that you have applied for.