Product Manager Japan
Job no: 505467
Work type: Full time
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Categories: Wholesale & Product
As a young medical student from Hanoi, Tran Trong Kien spent his spare time guiding travellers throughout Vietnam to show off the country he loved. He was passionate about travel, supporting local communities and responsible tourism which in 1994 led to the start of Buffalo Tours.
As a member of the Flight Centre Travel Group we are the travel people who work globally, live locally and go the extra mile. Our passion remains to share local experiences because 95% of our people are local. We are proud of the communities we operate and live in and our commitment to work responsibly with our customers, local communities and business partners ensures our tours have minimal impact on the natural environment, while adding value to our local economies
If you are successful, you will find out that working with Buffalo Tours is more than just a job. We are family. We offer exciting career progression which can take you places within our global network, with a fantastic and supportive team culture and social events that are the envy of the industry.
About the Opportunity
Buffalo Tours Japan are excited to announce we are looking for a Product Manager to join the Japan management team who will be working closely with the Country Manager as well as the Regional Product Manager and ultimately be responsible to deliver on our product strategies.
As Japan is our fastest growing destination, you’ll play a pivotal role in creating and implementing excellent product offerings that will exceed the customer experience and increase revenue.
The successful candidate thrives in an environment where they consistently strive for excellence and are passionate about delivering outstanding results.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be able to collaborate and lead with a diverse range of cultures and teams with strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Be able to make thoughtful decisions in a timely manner, often within tight deadlines.
- Have strong communication skills in written and verbal English and intermediate in Japanese.
- Be personally aligned and consistently showcase the Buffalo Tours values and Philosophies.
- Create an efficient product distribution platform that is easily accessible by the selling teams.
- Monitor customer feedback to ensure products are delivering to expectations.
- Manage new product launch process from product creation, implementation in system, training, performance and feedback.
- Collaborate with sales offices to assist in creating strong pitches and presentations to win the account, including but not limited to tariffs and quotations for new programs.
- Represent BT at travel trade shows, networking functions, sales calls, trade events when required.
- Consistently liaising with the Marketing and Sales teams with product updates for agent newsletters, webinars and other marketing related activities.
To be successful you will need:
- An university degree or diploma.
- Minimum 5 years experience in relevant field.
- Fluent in national local language and advanced written and spoken English.
Do you want to be part of a company who are focused on making a difference to our people, our customers, our local communities and the natural environment, then apply today! We’d love to hear from you.
Back to search results Apply now