Senior Commercial Analyst
Job no: 504757
Work type: Full time
Categories: Finance & Strategy
An exciting new opportunity presents itself as the Senior Commercial Analyst within the Leisure business in Australia. This role will be part of the Leisure Corporate Finance Team and will support our 4 cornerstone brands being Flight Centre Brand, Travel Associates, Travel Partners and Universal Traveller. Australia, our biggest brand globally and growing! Delivering over $6b in sales a year, this really is a unique opportunity to support and drive growth through providing commercial insights to make strategic business decisions.
With over 30 years of consistent and solid growth, the focus is on laying the foundations for our next spurt of growth to set the Leisure business up for the next 5, 20, 30 years and beyond. This role will suit an individual who ready to challenge the business and the current business models, and bring a wave of fresh thinking and ideas to the table.
Reporting directly to the GM of Finance & Property for Leisure and as a member of the Leisure Finance Leadership team, this role will be focused on delivering commercial value, insights and support to the overall brand.
Key focuses and responsibilities:
- Analyse markets and trends (internally and externally), undertake detailed scenario modelling, and build robust business cases for strategic projects
- Support M&A activity and analysis within the Leisure business for Australia, provide financial due diligence and post-acquisition monitoring and tracking
- Build complex scenario and performance models to validate future growth outlooks and approach, which will form part of the businesses transformation activity
- Preparation of business forecasts and monitoring on an ongoing basis
- Prepare and manage business cash flow modelling and management
- Assist in the preparation of board papers, quarterly planning reports and other key materials crucial to the formulation of business strategy, benchmarking and performance
- Develop business cases that support new strategic initiatives and projects and highlighting key commercial and strategic insights.
- Engage and advise senior leaders across the business, forming lasting relationships and influencing corporate decision in many functional areas
- Help shape and coach the broader analyst team within the business
- Work autonomously, make decisions and provide options for consideration/decision making
- Assist and drive key strategic projects on an ad hoc basis, to maximise performance and revenue for the business
- At least 3 years’ experience in a top tier consulting firm. Please note that applicants with consulting experience will be strongly preferred.
- Exceptional financial modelling ability and good exposure to internal strategy
- High attention to detail, with an ability to dive into and understand underlying facts and drivers
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills and ability to influence
- Energetic self-starter with demonstrated ability to learn quickly and drive superior results
- Work in a fast paced environment, and be able to cut through noise to deliver outcomes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Degree qualified will be essential, along with completion of CA/CPA qualifications
- Generous remuneration structure
- Travel discounts, in-house financial and health services, access to internal 24/7 gym
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
- Ongoing training and development
- Monthly awards nights, conferences, social events, and the opportunity to attend global awards internationally
We’re proud to have been recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Business Awards 2018, in addition to Best Agency Group at the AFTA 2018 National Travel Industry Awards.
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now