Job no: 504638
Brand: Flight Centre Technology
Work type: Full time
Categories: Information & Technology
As a Senior Data Engineer, your role will be focused on leading the implementation of new and exciting Advanced Data Analytics projects running in the Azure Cortana Intelligence Suite.
- Designing new advanced analytics software solutions, acquiring, preparing, transforming and serving a combination of high volume streaming and batch datasets using event hubs, stream analytics, spark SQL, spark streaming and spark python
- Providing technical guidance and into the development of migration plans to bring existing traditional data warehouse assets SSIS and SQL Server from on premise environments into our Big Data Cloud Platform and then executing on these plans
- Fostering and growing collaborative relationships with a growing group of distributed data analytics hubs across the business, coaching and developing our current team’s skills in big data processing.
- Collaborating with other team members on data science and analytical tasks and activities.
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of industry experience working with large datasets
- Has completed a Bachelor or Masters qualification in Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Science
- Demonstrated ability in SQL and one or more of the following programming or scripting languages- Apache Spark, Python, Scala, Spark SQL
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of data science practices, tools and advanced statistical analysis and their use within an organisation
- Demonstrated ability in design and development of real-time stream analytics using Event Hubs, Kafka, Stream Analytics and Spark Streaming.
- Proven working history of data munging, manipulation, cleansing and blending from multiple data sources and exposure to various data types and storage paradigms.
- Understanding of Relational, Dimensional and NoSQL modelling techniques
- Knowledge of and demonstrated use of contemporary data mining, cloud computing and data management tools including but not limited to Cortana Intelligence Suite, DataBricks, HDFS, MapReduce and Spark.
- Knowledge and demonstrated use of traditional ETL methodologies and toolsets including Microsoft SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, DataVault
- Experience with Machine Learning & Deep Learning tools and libraries
- The ability to code in C# , PowerShell, R, Python
- Experience in Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery processes
- Experience in Agile Methodology
- Prior experience in Azure Solution implementation
- JIRA and Confluence exposure
- The ability to collaborate with a range of stakeholders across the business in problem solving and project delivery.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills to effectively consult, negotiate and engage with internal and external stakeholders of all levels.
- Experience in Business support or analysis, or solid understanding of the travel industry, demonstrating competency in converting business needs into requirements
- Ability to work with technical teams to translate requirements into solutions
- Great experience in supporting internal stakeholders, with a proven track record of customer excellence
- A highly organised nature with high attention to detail
- Foster open communication and listen actively
- Practices information sharing and collaboration
- Presents ideas & concepts logically with accurate documentation
- Proactively documents existing business processes and workflows
- Plans and prioritises own work as well as guides others to ensure all goals are met
Our Benefits include:
- Generous remuneration structure
- Travel discounts, in-house financial and health services, access to internal 24/7 gym
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Fun and flexible work environment
- Proud Corporate Social Responsibility platform through the Flight Centre Foundation, Responsible Travel Charter, and Brighter Futures programs
- Monthly awards nights, conferences, industry/social events, and the opportunity to attend global awards internationally
We’re proud to have been recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Business Awards 2018, in addition to Best Agency Group at the AFTA 2018 National Travel Industry Awards
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now