Proposal Writer - New York NY, Montvale NJ, Philadelphia PA or Boston MA
Job no: 504302
Brand: FCM Travel Solutions
Work type: Full time
Location: Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania
Proposal Manager at FCM Travel Solutions
Location: New York, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Boston
FCM Travel Solutions is a division of one of the world's fastest growing travel companies—Flight Centre Travel Group (FCTG). A career with Flight Centre is more than just a job—we thrive on exciting experiences, learning new things and setting and achieving ambitious goals. It's about being part of a company we believe in and take great pride in.
Due to growth in our company, we are excited to announce an opportunity on our team as a Proposal Writer. If you're seeking a fresh challenge and are passionate about travel and your career, consider joining us today.
Top reasons to work with us
- Invitations to domestic and international conferences (past destinations have included Costa Rica, Singapore, and Germany)
- Discounted travel and great incentives from the world's top airlines and travel providers
- Career progression with opportunities across the globe
- Flexible work options and work/life balance. Our team is respectful, collaborative, and fun to work with. We offer flexible work options (work remotely and/or from beautiful offices) and a real commitment to balancing work and life.
- Culture of fun and recognition: We recognize achievement with quarterly Buzz Nights (social events sponsored offsite with food and drink provided) and national and international award ceremonies to celebrate the success of our company and employees.
Job summary: What we need from you
The Proposal Writer is responsible for writing and editing high-quality sales proposals which aid in winning and retaining corporate customers.
We need someone who can write compelling content, as well as project-managing the proposal process from the initial release of the bid to the final, high quality deliverable to the client, while ensuring that all deadlines are met. The successful candidate will be able to guide the process and work effectively with salespeople, subject matter experts (SMEs), and marketing. We are a small, close-knit team and need someone who is easy to work with, likeable, and professional.
The Proposal Writer is an essential part of the corporate sales team. You will receive commission on accounts you help win, and will participate in training and continuing education around sales and capture. The Proposal Writer is an internal (not client-facing) role. Travel will be for training and awards celebrations only; sales travel not required.
The Proposal Writer will also help develop new content and will support the update and maintenance of the bid/proposal database in RFPIO, our knowledge database, ensuring the accuracy of proposal content and availability of up-to-date information for proposals.
- Project-manage proposal responses, including following our process and collaborating with the sales lead to ensure responses are complete, on time, and in line with sales strategy
- Effectively understand RFP questions and populate RFPs with accurate and appropriate standard knowledge base content; work with subject matter experts on any unanswered questions
- Customize standard knowledge base content to follow sales strategy and meet the requirements of the specific RFP
- Review all proposal content to ensure that styling meets company standards and that the creative output is dynamic and within brand guidelines
- Participate in meetings with other departments and regions, when required, to develop proposal strategies and content; participate in training opportunities to develop individual and team performance
- Support the accuracy and functionality of the US proposal database in RFPIO by reviewing and updating content for accuracy, currency and tone
- Upload new content to the US proposal database in RFPIO (sourced from recent proposal submissions)
- Edit and proofread sales collateral and the work of other team members. Provide constructive criticism on any areas that may need adjustment, working together to ensure a submission of the highest standard is achieved.
- Business writing skills and mastery of the English written language, including spelling, composition, and grammar
- Strong proofreading and editing skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail and excellent proofreading skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, proposal design, formatting and database
- Project Management, Marketing or Sales experience
- Must be authorized to work in the US and must hold a US passport or other documentation allowing travel overseas
- Experience with a proposal management tool or content database
- 2+ years of proposal writing experience OR degree in related field
Salary and benefits
- $45-$55K base salary, PLUS incentives and commission on won accounts
- Location is flexible: New York, New Jersey, Philadelphia, or Boston.
- Option to work remotely (partial)
What WE can offer YOU!
- Strengths based culture
- Onsite fitness area
- Onsite café
- Relaxed dress attire
- In-house travel planner to book discounted hotel & air
- National/International Award Nights https://vimeo.com/288474385/8d7ebe0ebc
- Benefits including vision, medical, and dental after one full month of employment
- 401K with up to 3% company match after 3 months
- Generous paid-time off policy
- Free and confidential access to our in-house financial advisor (401K, Stock Plan)
- Life Insurance, Short/Long-Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, Health Advocate and MD Live
- Giving back through the Flight Centre Foundation (Habitat for Humanity, Feeding America, Earth Share)
Location: Boston, MA or New York, NY or Philadelphia, PA or Montvale, NJ
FCM is an Equal Opportunity Employer searching for talented, driven people who have a desire to build a rewarding career in a company that loves to celebrate your success!
Back to search results Apply now