Senior Azure Infrastructure Engineer - Toronto
Job no: 504283
Brand: Flight Centre Technology
Work type: Full time
Categories: Business Support
Senior Azure Infrastructure Engineer
Flight Centre Travel Group has grown to become one of the world’s largest travel agency groups. Known for being an award-winning company to work for, we pride ourselves on our people and our customers. We are seeking a Senior Azure Infrastructure Engineer to join our growing team. As part of our Infrastructure Team, this position is responsible for systems implementation and administration of Azure Cloud infrastructure.
- Translates business requirements into documentation while managing the life-cycle and communication for assigned projects.
- Analyzes and defines business requirements to determine specifications and standards.
- Work closely with a team of architects, engineers, and developers to create functional design specifications, Azure reference architectures, and assist with other project deliverables as needed.
- Support the full project lifecycle - discovery, analysis, architecture, design, documentation, building, migration, automation and production-readiness.
- Act as Systems administration of Linux and Windows based environments.
- Install, configure, automate, and monitor various cloud services.
- Perform operational engineering for activities which include platform upgrades, server patching, monitoring, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Provide periodic off-hours on-call support for production and development environments.
- Design state-of-the-art technical solutions on Azure that address requirements for scalability, reliability, security, and performance.
- 5+ years technical support including Microsoft Azure systems design and implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- General knowledge of virtualization, cloud computing.
- Experience administering/supporting Windows and Linux systems running in Azure.
- Experience with PowerShell.
- Experience with Active Directory including managing/maintaining several domains.
- Knowledge of network protocols such as: DNS, SMTP, SNMP, SSH, SFTP.
- Knowledge of backup and disaster recovery processes.
- Requires attention to detail, a pride in delivering excellent service, organization, and high levels of energy and endurance.
- Ability to handle the most complex issues and possess analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills,
- Experience working in an DevOps environment.
Key Factors for Success
- Strong analytical and decision making abilities.
- Able to build strong partnership with business partners and the project teams.
- Takes responsibility for delivering superior value and client service.
- Works well with people who have diverse abilities, experiences, and perspectives.
- Influences others without direct authority.
- Approaches opportunities and issues with an optimistic, action-oriented, and solution-based approach.
- Good writing skills to document plans and process.
Our promise is to provide an environment with equality of respect, dignity and opportunity for all our employees. We value an inclusive and supportive workplace which truly reflects the diversification of our society. Flight Centre Travel Group is committed to providing a barrier-free pathway throughout our recruitment selection process. If you require accommodation because of a disability at any stage of our hiring process, please let us know in advance by contacting our Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to search results Apply now