BI Reporting Specialist
Job no: 504259
Brand: Travel Experience Network
Work type: Fixed Term Contract
Categories: Business Support
We are seeking a motivated and highly enthusiastic individual looking for an exciting chance to join Flight Centre Travel Group as a Business Intelligence Reporting Specialist.
In this business critical role, you will be using the latest methodologies and tech in the BI space and participate on the implementation of a new BI environment. Using Power BI you will be developing and designing Business Intelligence reporting based on data delivered through SSAS. You will be well versed in SQL, experienced in scoping/designing of data marts for BI consumption and assisting with other ad-hoc reporting.
The TTG BI Insights & Analytics team is responsible for the whole reporting in TTG. Whenever someone in TTG requires data of some kind of predefined or ad-hoc reporting, this team is the go-to shop. We provides a range of financial and operational reports to all areas of the TTG business in order for them to make informed, data driven decisions. You will be working within a team of 7 BI Specialists and closely with the DWH team who are responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining the Azure based reporting platform.
- Manage reporting and data driven strategic analysis to help with performance tracking and support future business planning.
Managing key projects and new initiatives that the business undertakes from a strategy perspective.
Develop a suite operational and financial reporting via Power BI and Microsoft Reporting Services (SSRS, SSIS & SSMS) and other available reporting tools to make data actionable and facilitate decision making. Achieve this by:
Implement clearly defined Power BI dashboards and SSRS reports through dashboard's, graphs, tables, and clickable reports;
- For early stage reports, utilising excel query tool and SSMS to present reports
- Assisting with the creation and maintenance of SQL store procedures, views and ad-hoc SQL reporting.
- Ensure all reports have consistent business metrics and follow development standards
- Maintaining and improving internal reporting best practices, store procedures, and controls (e.g., documentation, development and testing)
- Develop and maintain a high level of customer service, focus on innovation and efficiencies within the team, finance area and operational business
- Maintain version control processes using GIT
- Build collaborative relationships with business teams to meet business needs
- Automate existing reporting that cannot be migrated to business intelligence to ensure that reporting processes require minimum effort to maintain and refresh
Build, develop and maintain BI dashboards for various data sources and assist in implementation of BI tools to assist TTG with delivering and driving operational and financial reporting needs by:
- Implementation of BI dashboards while ensuing the solution meets flexibility, usability, and performance requirements
- Translating business and team requirements into technical specifications
- Design, build and deploy BI solutions and reporting tools
- Maintain and support data analytics platforms
- Create visualisations and reports from existing reports as well as development of new requests and projects
- Develop and update technical documentation
- Partner with IT, IT key personnel, internal FCTG businesses and external consultants to assist in implementation & maintenance of BI solutions
Skills & Qualifications
- Develpp insightful and useful reports for TTG using Power BI, SSAS, SSMS and MS Visual Studio
- Use SSMS, Data Factory, Data Bricks and Event Hubs in the Azure stack to digest and disburse data
- Develop tabular models in SSAS based on relational Databases
- Show recent querying experience
- SSRS report writing
- SSIS writing
- Degree – desirable
- Min 2 years’ experience as a BI developer or specialist – desirable
- Generous remuneration structure
- Travel discounts, in-house financial and health services, access to internal 24/7 gym
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
- Ongoing training and development
- Monthly awards nights, conferences, social events, and the opportunity to attend global awards internationally
We’re proud to have been recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Business Awards 2018, in addition to Best Agency Group at the AFTA 2018 National Travel Industry Awards
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now