Travel Consultant - Oxford Street
Job no: 503909
Brand: Flight Centre
Work type: Full time
Location: City of Westminster
Categories: Retail, Leisure Travel & Retail
Journeys is Flight Centre's specialist team dedicated to creating long-haul tailor-made holidays. Our clients range from career breakers and honeymooners to adventurous retirees and business-people. Our main focus is on them, the customer, and building a repeat and referral client base.
Journeys is looking for a Travel Consultant for our fantastic team in Oxford Street. In this sales-driven role, you will be working in small teams selling incredible travel experiences to a wide range of clients, from career breakers and honeymooners to adventurous retirees.
Who are we looking for?
Enthusiastic candidates who have the drive to succeed in a sales role and a passion for travel, especially when it comes to long-haul. Using the knowledge you have acquired from a target-driven, retail or travel sales role alongside your passion or experience of travel, you will create tailor-made itineraries for our clients, which will range from a multi-stop itinerary around Asia to a luxury tailor-made long-haul holiday of a lifetime to the US. You will need to have excellent communication and customer service skills and a positive 'can do' attitude.
What does the role entail?
You will be responsible for planning your client’s trip alongside recommending our preferred products. Your source of enquiry will be phone and email with some face-to-face consultations. Whilst selling travel is your main role, you will also be expected to take full responsibility for your client’s trip from start to finish including after-sales care with a focus on client retention. You will also have the opportunity to attend supplier training sessions and participate in educational programmes which will help develop your expertise.
What are the salary and benefits?
- £20K plus uncapped earnings (OTE of £28K)
- Dedicated in-house travel team for incredibly discounted trips
- Familiarisation trips
- Charity fundraising and fun social events including summer ball, awards ceremonies
- Mental Health Awareness programmes
- Dedicated in-house health and fitness team with free health screenings
- ‘Active Hour’ – an hour a week to exercise
- Management and leadership training
- Free financial consultations
- Free health cash plan - claim money for dentist, optician etc.
- Generous share scheme and excellent pension scheme
- Season ticket loans and cycle-to-work scheme
- Annual leave entitlement increase after 1 year
- Opportunity to take 4-week travel leave every 2 years
- Opportunity to take 3-month sabbatical
Here in the UK, we’re proud to work alongside the best people in the industry, so whether you’re just starting your travel career or you’re looking for a new challenge, we have a place for you.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Back to search results Apply now