Data Protection Officer
Job no: 503904
Brand: Travel Experience Network
Work type: Full time
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Categories: Business Support
Flight Centre Travel Group is one of the worlds largest travel agency groups. ASX listed, we operate in more than 90 countries and have over 20,000 employees. The Travel Experience Network is a fast growing division which includes in-destination businesses such as our Global Destination Management Company Network, Global Hotel Network and Global Touring Network.
About the role
A newly created position within Travel Experience Network (TEN), our Asia based DPO is a Senior position which will focus on safeguarding our customers’ information through working with key stakeholders to develop, implement and maintain a privacy governance framework which complies with GDPR and relevant local legislation.
This role’s primary focus will be on supporting TEN’s Asia based businesses, but will also be responsible for coordinating data protection activities for TEN’s global businesses with the assistance of FCTG’s regional DPO network.
Sitting in the TEN Risk function and supported by FCTG’s regional DPO network, your key focuses will be to:
- Work with the Group DPO and other regional DPOs to develop, implement and maintain FCTG’s continuous data privacy program, privacy policies, procedures and documentation, for the processing of personal data.
- Implement a data protection framework based on the FCTG group framework, but tailored for the TEN division
- Collaborate with and assist business units and technology areas to develop corrective action plans for identified privacy compliance issues
- Drive understanding within the business of the need for data protection through education and awareness
- Develop and embed efficient, repeatable and compliant global processes for Privacy and Data protection
- Develop a comprehensive Privacy and Data Protection risk register to inform and drive mitigation activities
- Work with procurement, vendor management and the legal department to ensure that third-party suppliers contracts and operating-level agreements meet international privacy requirements
- Lead the enterprise's response to privacy-related emergencies and other potentially damaging events and liaise with Flight Centre Travel Group's Chief Information Security Officer in matters relating to data breaches (including preparedness, prevention, impact mitigation and integral management of breaches)
- Conduct Data Protection Impact Assessments, Privacy Impact Assessments, and Legitimate Interest Assessments as required
- Conduct process walkthroughs and investigations to identify areas at risk of non-compliance and document recommendations accordingly
- Provide reporting and visibility of data protection risks to Senior Management.
Skills & experience
- Strong knowledge of GDPR regulations
- Experience in designing and implementing privacy governance frameworks across multiple jurisdictions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to develop relationships at all levels
- Advanced analytical skills, with strong attention to detail
- Highly competent English language skills (oral and written)
- Self-motivated and driven
- Knowledge of local Asian data privacy laws and regulation
- This role will work closely with the IT Security Risk Manager, therefore prior experience in Information Technology and data management systems would be beneficial
- Professional qualifications
This role will require travel throughout Asia and may also require long-haul international travel. This role will also require to be available for incident and emergency handling outside standard office hours.
Remuneration and benefits
- Remuneration in-line with market rate and experience
- Travel discounts
- Ongoing training and development
- Opportunity to work in a global company with global opportunities
- Monthly awards nights, conferences, social events, and the opportunity to attend global awards internationally (Las Vegas in 2019)
Back to search results Apply now