Country Operations Manager - Malaysia
Job no: 503559
Brand: Buffalo Tours
Work type: Full time
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
As a young medical student from Hanoi, Tran Trong Kien spent his spare time guiding travellers throughout Vietnam to help fund his studies and show off the country he loved. He was passionate about travel, supporting local communities and responsible tourism which in 1994 led to the start of Buffalo Tours.
Today, we are one of Asia’s leading destination management companies, with hundreds of thousands of passengers carried annually and several internationally recognised industry awards under our belts. That same drive to showcase a love of the region is at the heart of everything we do. As a member of the Flight Centre Travel Group we remain committed and passionate to changing lives through travel and our team always hold responsible travel as a core commitment.
If you are successful, you will find out that working with Buffalo Tours is more than just a job. We are family. We offer exciting career progression which can take you places within our global network, with a fantastic and supportive team culture and social events that are the envy of the industry.
About the Opportunity
Buffalo Tours are excited to announce we are looking for an experienced leader to join the Malaysia Executive team who will be working closely with the Country Manager as the second in command. The key role is to function at both strategic and operational levels and execute the fulfilment strategies with all customer facing functions, teams and support teams in reservations and operations teams.
The Country Operations Manager plays a critical role, leading a high performing team who strives for excellence and are passionate about delivering an amazing customer service by leading and following the One Best Way practices to our customers and business partners.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be able to collaborate and lead with a diverse range of cultures and teams with strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Be able to make thoughtful decisions in a timely manner, often within tight deadlines.
- Have a strong business acumen.
- Never hesitate to roll up their sleeves to execute a full range of duties in Reservations and Operations.
- Have strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Be personally aligned and consistently showcase the Buffalo Tours values and Philosophies.
- Continually challenge the current OBWs to improve and innovate the ways we operate the services.
- Integrate appropriate technology applications into Operations to improve and optimize the speed of internal/external communications, problem solving and overall team performance
- Guarantee the appropriate use and allocations of transportation suppliers according to Account expectations and requirements in a most profitable way.
- Safeguard the maintenance and safety standards of vehicles exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Oversee teams to provide timely, accurate information and excellent support to external and external customers.
- Own amazing guest experiences of our airport Meet & Greet.
- Develop policies and processes to build efficient One Best Way practices for operation and reservation teams.
- Overseeing the development of new physical product incl. costing and business plan.
- Provide expertise in Crisis Management.
To be successful you will need:
- Minimum Bachelor degree or a degree in tourism and hospitality is an advantage.
- Minimum 3 year experience in leading teams with proven success records in the relevant field.
- Fluent in national local language and fluent written and spoken English.
- Proven people performance development and management.
Do you want to be part of a company who are focused on making a difference to our people, our customers, our local communities and the natural environment, then apply today! We’d love to hear from you.
Back to search results Apply now